Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bingo Bill Robinson

Any more mature fans remember Bill Robinson (not the player) who helped run the Valley club in the sixties and seventies?

Any stories or reminiscences?

Comments

• Any particular reason for asking (not that I can help)?
  • Stig said:

Any particular reason for asking (not that I can help)?

See the museum's twitter account but his family have given us some great Charlton books and we wanted more background on him.
  • Not sure if there is anything about Bill in the Charlton Athletic (The Valiants) Social Club Opening 'programme' from 30/7/69. I will check tonight. image
  • Not sure if there is anything about Bill in the Charlton Athletic (The Valiants) Social Club Opening 'programme' from 30/7/69. I will check tonight. image

Lovely picture of Colin Cowdrey resting his many chins on Sandie Shaw's shoulder :wink:

You and your cardigan have aged well too Henry.....
  • No Interesting story, but lived aboth Bill and Kath, Woolwich Common, until moved away with my parents at the age of 9.
    If memory serves me right, I believe he arranged player mortgages via, the Woolwich Equitable...
  • edited May 2018

No Interesting story, but lived aboth Bill and Kath, Woolwich Common, until moved away with my parents at the age of 9.
    If memory serves me right, I believe he arranged player mortgages via, the Woolwich Equitable...

Thanks @CyrilDavies what period was that as we only have him living in Sidcup.
  • I was born in 1958 and we moved in 1967 and believe they were there, the whole of that time.
    Next block to General Gordon memorial .