Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Benik Afobe Bournemouth to Stoke via Wolves

Well what can you say.

1st June Wolves signed Benik Afobe from Bournemouth for £10 Million

5th June Stoke City in advanced talks to buy Benik Afobe from Wolves

Good business sense by Wolves

Comments

• edited June 2018
    BBC saying its £12 million Stoke are paying

But I have seen people say its closer to £20 Million.

Cant see it being £12 million as would Wolves do all this for a 2 million profit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44373294?__twitter_impression=true
  • A player who reminds us just how important development is from the ages of ~18-22. Afobe seemed to be considered a very promising youngster at one point, capped by England at various youth levels, and just drifted around on loan without pulling up any trees. His best season was arguably under Karl at MKD.
  • SDAddick said:

A player who reminds us just how important development is from the ages of ~18-22. Afobe seemed to be considered a very promising youngster at one point, capped by England at various youth levels, and just drifted around on loan without pulling up any trees. His best season was arguably under Karl at MKD.

I would say his time at Wolves

MK Franchise 10 in 22 in League 1
    Wolves 13 in 21 in Championship
    9 in 25 in Championship
    6 in 16 in Championship

He is a decent forward at Championship level
  • It seems Wolves had a clause and used it. A £2m profit (less costs) isn't to be sniffed at, even in the mad world of football
  • Deal done.

6 month loan with Obligation to buy in January for undisclosed fee
  • Shrewd... They've done what Barca tried to pull with Delofeau, but done it properly
  • Surely can’t be allowed? I would say EFL should get involved but we all know they’re useless