Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So according to that bastion of truth

edited October 2008 in Rumours
the news of the World, today is the day we realise that everything is truly in the shite, as today is the day our invetsors abnnounce they have withdrawn and are chasing the Toffees.

Still think it is a bunch of poo, but even so I am still a wee bit nervous

Comments

• Someone on Addickted posted yesterday that the takeover is off.

He said his source was from someone in the club...and that it'll be announced today.

Wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be true. Hope it's not, we could really do with a boost right now.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Someone on Addickted posted yesterday that the takeover is off.

He said his source was from someone in the club...and that it'll be announced today.

Wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be true. Hope it's not, we could really do with a boost right now.

If it is true that would make for a nice atmosphere tomorrow night! But also there are people that revel in misery and like to cause friction, that would post that kind of rubbish to see what happens (a future in journalism awaits them).
  • Where did you see this in the NOTW?
  • where in news of the world did it say that?
  • ditto bing i didn't see it.
  • http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1825405.ece
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Where did you see this in the NOTW?
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]where in news of the world did it say that?
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]ditto bing i didn't see it.

I do not read it but it is all over the 606 board, so as more than one had posted it I believed it. So more fool me, although as it is the Sun on Sunday by another name I thought it likely to be a continuation of the Saturday piece.
  • thats the sun not news of the world and this was posted saturday.
  • Well if it's in The Sun it MUST be spot on....egh?
  • The start of all the rumours

http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13993

As someone on this thread actually states that only the top honchos would know before we informed the stock market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Headline read

Dont buy Charlton Dubai Everton!

I hate the Current Bun
  • The Addickted thread is a load of w*nk. The source is somebody, not high up in the club and its based on a rumour. We'll know when we know.

Addickted link
  • well I am sorry but no one can quote anyone from the club because that is bollox. All the confidentiality agreements in place mean that is nonsense tittle tattle.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]well I am sorry but no one can quote anyone from the club because that is bollox. All the confidentiality agreements in place mean that is nonsense tittle tattle.

I agree but as it is out there I thought I would post it on here and that is why it is under the rumours banner
  • anyone know what the everton fans made of it on their forums?
  • There is so much bullshit out there about this takeover.

It's a story with legs, no one can come out and deny this stuff, so lazy hacks can write another made up story about x y and z.

No panic people, just chill and wait.