Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you banned yourself from ...

viewing Charlton Life from 5pm tonight how long would you last before checking in?

Very much doubt I'd reach even 6pm.

Comments

• maybe till the morning if I had something else to do
  • Thought this was going to be about masturbating.

Never mind.
  • Macronate said:

Thought this was going to be about masturbating.

Oh it is, make no mistake it really is.
  • 5.01pm - Take over thread, more addictive than crack !

This.

• Charlton life ..... it’s very Morish

• edited June 2018
    Probably Monday - Tuesday, if was during the season it would be alot tougher. Also depends how busy you are, i often check at work.

Actually edit- i am working until 6 tonight , so wont take very long at all. But if we changed to 6pm then i probably wont log in until Tuesday (dont work Mondays)
  • So I’m a CL whore, I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you ban me....
  • Funny you ask that.....
  • Sponsored links:

• 17:00:58
  • edited June 2018
    cabbles said:

Not in my world. I haven’t been to sleep since AFKA made me a mod. The threat of ibborg and dazzler jostling for that last seat at the table means I can never truly switch off

Wait, you’re saying @i_b_b_o_r_g isn’t a mod? Someone should look into that.....
  • viewing Charlton Life from 5pm tonight how long would you last before checking in?

Very much doubt I'd reach even 6pm.

What's the prize for the longest time out before I consider It? :wink:
  • edited June 2018
    cabbles said:

Not in my world. I haven’t been to sleep since AFKA made me a mod. The threat of ibborg and dazzler jostling for that last seat at the table means I can never truly switch off

Feel sorry for you guys at the moment @cabbles on constant standby for the meltdown when the takeover thread reaches 1000 pages, presumably you've all got CL issue pagers or will AFKA send up a distress flare like the RNLI do? :wink:
  • depends if I was busy. If just sat at home watching the World Cup then probably 2-3 hours.
  • RedChaser said:

cabbles said:

Fell sorry for you guys at the moment @cabbles on constant standby for the meltdown when the takeover thread reaches 1000 pages, presumably you've all got CL issue pagers or will AFKA send up a distress flare like the RNLI do? :wink:
    I think that’s a tough thread for all of us.

I, like everyone else am intrigued to see what happens when we hit 1000 pages

Do we all just disappear into the ether
  • Depends on the cash involved. I could abstain for a day if someone offered a grand.
  • I stayed off for nearly three weeks recently. I'm afraid to report that it was great.
    Here I am again through, with the Charlton Life needle sticking out of my arm and my children going hungry.
  • edited June 2018
    As someone who uses computers, mobile phones and other technology as 'a necessary evil' rather than for pleasure I really don't understand how I have become addicted to interacting on this site.

I think I perhaps need to give up Charlton Life for Lent. It wouldn't be easy though.
  • cabbles said:

We'll be issuing a joint statement in due course - but it is NOT to announce me as a mod, although it is positive news
  • Sponsored links:

• Months and months.

Then you come to realise that most people are talking complete rubbish most of the time anyway and none of it really matters.

You also then feel quite cheap and dirty for coming back when the same old people are still acting like pompous twats and playground bullies.
  • Is that how it was for you too Rodders?
    Off_it said:

Is that how it was for you too Rodders?

Yes, in abundance mate. Just learned to ignore the tossers and engage the sensible folk.

Bit like blocking your ears out to the nutter ranting in the pub and carrying on having a laugh with your pals.

• edited June 2018
    I managed a week once and I was very happy, came back and I’ve been depressed ever since.

There’s a moral in there somewhere.
  • edited June 2018
    I’m banning myself from the takeover thread as of today. Utterly depressing.
  • I dip into it every now and then when there have been lots of new posts, and I nearly always wonder why on earth I bothered.