Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs in Hythe

I've just realised I will be in Hythe when the Sunderland game is on . Does anyone know a decent pub there or nearby where I can watch the match? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I think the Swan in the High Street has Sky Sports. I dont know if any others do.
  • You could tweet @RomneyBeer ( Romney Marsh Brewery ) they ought to be able to recommend a decent pub.
  • Curb_It said:

I think the Swan in the High Street has Sky Sports. I dont know if any others do.

Or alternatively, do it in true Charlton style! Just buy a day ticket for the 'Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch' steam railway, adorn yourself in your finest CAFC regalia and apparel, take a transistor, and spend the duration of the game riding the railway to Dungeness and back whilst listening to the match commentary. Flask and tweed blanket recommended also.
    Pwoper Charlton.

• Curb_It said:

I think the Swan in the High Street has Sky Sports. I dont know if any others do.

Or alternatively, do it in true Charlton style! Just buy a day ticket for the 'Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch' steam railway, adorn yourself in your finest CAFC regalia and apparel, take a transistor, and spend the duration of the game riding the railway to Dungeness and back whilst listening to the match commentary. Flask and tweed blanket recommended also.
    Don't forget to post plenty of pictures (asking for a friend).
  • Curb_It said:

"Oh, what a perfect day..."
  • The Red Lion is ok. I think it's called that.
  • You would have to be desperate to use the Swan but it is the only pub in the town centre with Sky. Alternatively there is the Prince of Wales, a mile or so towards Dymchurch.
    Probably better to go into Folkestone where you can choose from Harveys Sports bar, The Park Inn or The Mariner down at the harbour which is where I shall be going.
  • Ocean inn in Dymchurch has sky and also does great fish and chip lunch.