Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend tickets to go on restricted sale

Allocation of 1500 tickets to go on sale at 9am today [15/08/18]
Sale restrictions are as follows:

From Wednesday, August 15th: Supporters with 230 loyalty points who are also Valley Gold members can purchase up to two tickets
From Friday, August 17th: Supporters with 230 loyalty points or Valley Gold members can purchase up to two tickets
From Tuesday, August 21st: All remaining seats will go on general sale
Tickets can be purchased by visiting The Valley in person, by phone or by going online.

Prices as follows
Adult £22
Over 60 £15
Student £14
Under 22 £14
Under 16 £10
Under 8 £4

Valley Away will be running a service to Roots Hall, priced at £14. Details on pick-up times and locations can be seen below.

Larkfield: 10.30am

Gravesend: 10.55am

Dartford: 11.10am

Bexleyheath: 11.25am

Bromley: 11.55am

Eltham: 12.15pm

Charlton: 12.30pm

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b73062569b2b/tickets-for-septembers-trip-to-southend-united-to-go-on-restricted-sale

Comments

• I imagine these will probably just make general sale.

not so sure on that, will prove a very popular day out I reckon
  • not bothering been before - team does not excite - imagine will be same with a lot of fans, luton and pompey will be me up until the new year i think.
  • edited August 2018

not bothering been before - team does not excite - imagine will be same with a lot of fans, luton and pompey will be me up until the new year i think.

My thinking as well - this is a localish one for me as well. Enthusiasm is at an all time low.
  • edited August 2018

not bothering been before - team does not excite - imagine will be same with a lot of fans, luton and pompey will be me up until the new year i think.

Last 2 years we've been there on NYE and Boxing Day and managed to shift around 2k each time. I reckon these will sell as it's a chance for a piss up in some sunshine
  • Croydon said:

Last 2 years we've been there on NYE and Boxing Day and managed to shift around 2k each time. I reckon these will sell as it's a chance for a piss up in some sunshine
    possibly just not for me or any of my usual lot so that's 20 tickets that wont be sold, do agree probably the last of the goodish weather away days and i think trains are working fine for this one, so likely will sell out.
  • Is anyone seriously gonna get that coach at 10.30?

You could go Ebbsfleet - Stratford - Southend in about an hour...
  • 4 of us on this, staying in Essex too
  • can some-one remind me what 230 loyalty points means please.
  • Sponsored links:

• the stand can hold 2 thousand (i presume we would be allowed the whole stand as we've done so in the past) which will mean that anyone waiting for general sale should be fine to get a ticket.
  • Ross said:

Southend away AKA Chris Powell Appreciation Day

would not actually suprise me if away fans started singing about cp - which is a step to far.
  • redman said:

can some-one remind me what 230 loyalty points means please.

basically means you are a ST holder
  • clive said:

Valley Away will be running a service to Roots Hall, priced at £14. Details on pick-up times and locations can be seen below.

Larkfield: 10.30am

Gravesend: 10.55am

Dartford: 11.10am

Bexleyheath: 11.25am

Bromley: 11.55am

Eltham: 12.15pm

Charlton: 12.30pm

That's exactly the route I'd take as well - if I was hoping for a nice easy journey with none of this pesky passengers annoying me.
  • redman said:

at this point in the season......a season ticket.
  • edited August 2018
    the new points system isn't really fair - although as stated why should they help out fans that are not putting anything into the club, for the last 4 season i have done more aways than homes.

as you could still have the situation a fan does 20 away games and then misses out on a playoff semi final ticket due to a st holder and his pal fancy going.

i dont know how they will rollover from season to season etc
  • Is anyone seriously gonna get that coach at 10.30?

You could go Ebbsfleet - Stratford - Southend in about an hour...

Or you could get the boat from Gravesend to Tilbury and train from there.
  • Don't know what the times and costs are but this maybe of interest to some.
    https://islandcruisesuk.com
  • redman said:

Either you've seen 230 consecutive home matches. Or you've watched a beam back at your favourite Belgian restaurant.
  • Sponsored links:

• the new points system isn't really fair - although as stated why should they help out fans that are not putting anything into the club, for the last 4 season i have done more aways than homes.

as you could still have the situation a fan does 20 away games and then misses out on a playoff semi final ticket due to a st holder and his pal fancy going.

Do you moan at everything?
    He's a football fan.
    It's what we do.
  • redman said:

at this point in the season......a season ticket.
    A shame they aren't able to include last season's bookings, but the old membership system was a complete shambles! As for this season's...
  • I really want two tickets for this. Mates are in the home end but prefer to be in the away. Fingers crossed they make general.
  • the new points system isn't really fair - although as stated why should they help out fans that are not putting anything into the club, for the last 4 season i have done more aways than homes.

No. The new system is really fair, the old system wasn’t. We had to start somewhere.
  • With 1,500 tickets pretty sure anyone who wants one will get one.
  • se9addick said:

With 1,500 tickets pretty sure anyone who wants one will get one.

not with all the boycotters saying that they're doing all the aways now......
  • Redrobo said:

the new points system isn't really fair - although as stated why should they help out fans that are not putting anything into the club, for the last 4 season i have done more aways than homes.

No. The new system is really fair, the old system wasn’t. We had to start somewhere.
    It doesn’t seem to be any different from the old one, if there is no priority for people with low numbers of points over general sale?
  • Redrobo said:

It doesn’t seem to be any different from the old one, if there is no priority for people with low numbers of points over general sale?
    But as we move forward it allows for a second tier to be introduced which will acknowledge those who have chosen not to get a season ticket for what ever reason, but are proven supporters who go to games home and/or away.

Surely that is better and fairer than been totally ignored, which has been the case for years.

How about we give it a modicum of time before we dish it?

not so sure on that, will prove a very popular day out I reckon
    There were barely over 1,200 there last season, and a big chunk of that were walk ups on the day.