Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John McCain RIP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Brave man in many different ways even if you didn't share his politics

Comments

• Five years in the Hanoi Hilton would certainly firm-up your world-view.
  • edited August 2018
    A brave and honourable man to the end.

Not the thread for polictics.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• If only all Americans had his morals and forgiveness. Still remember vividly that news story where he met his torturer during his captivity in the Korean war, moving and powerful. RIP
  • A decent and honourable man.

RiP
  • edited August 2018
  • A very brave and honourable man. RIP
  • A good man.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• holyjo said:

Disagreed with much of his politics , but here was someone who exemplified what it is to disagree well. A man of great courage and a wonderful serviant to his country

as at times did he. a politician with the balls to actually stand up, admit he was wrong and change his opinion on policy is a rare thing. the world would be a better place with more people like him across all political parties. RIP John
  • A man I near completely disagreed with politically, but completely admired.

Rest in peace sir.
  • RIP seemed like a decent man from all you read about him

• Flowers have been left by local Hanoians at the memorial site where McCain’s plane crashed during the war.

I was there earlier this month. Apparently the American POWs were very well treated in there, unlike inmates during the time of French rule.

John McCain's biggest political mistake was his choice of running-mate. Had he chosen someone other than Sarah Palin the whole course of modern American history might have been different.

RIP
  • Decent man...RIP.
  • Brave guy. Didn't dodge service ever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_USS_Forrestal_fire

Saw the film of this it's harrowing. Sone incredibly brave men sacrificed their lives. John McCain must've been scared but still flew later mission's.

He had a privileged life but never put himself above other POWs - real leadership.

I didn't necessarily agree with his politics but he always came across as a good international statesman who valued US allies.
  • RIP Mr McCain. A very honourable man.

A terrible cancer. A good friend of mine died of the same thing last year.

I was there earlier this month. Apparently the American POWs were very well treated in there, unlike inmates during the time of French rule.

John McCain's biggest political mistake was his choice of running-mate. Had he chosen someone other than Sarah Palin the whole course of modern American history might have been different.

RIP
    The US captives - including McCain - were most certainly not well treated.

The NVA refused to treat them as POWs but dealt with them as war criminals and tortured, starved and beat them.

To be fair the Americans treated the NVA and VC like shit as well.