Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Theo, Give Us a Ball: A Life in Football

New book by Theo Foley reviewed in the programme yesterday

Comments

• Thanks for the 'plug' Henry.
    I think I will download this
    Always enjoy speaking to Theo in Xbars - looking forward to his book
  • Being old fashioned, I look forward to buying the book.
  • Being old fashioned, I look forward to buying the book.

Me too
  • A lovely man and a stalwart of his local community.
  • A lovely man and a stalwart of his local community.

He is indeed.
  • edited August 2018
    @Henry Irving

I'll be there for the 6th December, do you have anybody else attending?

It would make for a fantastic evening if Keith Peacock or Brian Kinsey were able to come along.
  • Look forward to this.

He used to help coach my sons football team many years ago, and was always good to be around.
  • A lovely gentleman is Theo
  • @Henry Irving

It would make for a fantastic evening if Keith Peacock or Brian Kinsey were able to come along.

Not confirmed but maybe Colin Powell too @ElfsborgAddick
  • edited August 2018
    Lived in the same house (just off Shooters Hill Road) for many a year.....I believe it was a house owned by the club at one time. Indeed he may have actually bought it from the club?
    Such a nice friendly uncomplicated fella, a proper gent who loves the game like life itself.
    Never happier than when he’s watching a game, whether it’s The Dog & Duck Sunday League seconds or a top pro team.
    Understand he’s not been too well of late......though I know nothing more than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Henry Irving

Excellent.

Great work that you guys do, I hope that you can expand on the museum and progress in the future.

Other clubs must be very envious of what you have done to promote our history.
  • edited August 2018

@Henry Irving

Excellent.

Great work that you guys do, I hope that you can expand on the museum and progress in the future.

Other clubs must be very envious of what you have done to promote our history.
    It's good when we're contacted, as we were this week by Luton fans, asking for help but we've got help from others at Derby and Exeter.

It's a massive task, which is why so appreciate the help we get from fans, but it's a labour of love.
  • A must read for me
  • Must read this when the book is out. We got to know Theo very well when he was 'hosting' in the hospitality suites. He is such a lovely man and I miss seeing him very much.
  • Must read for those of us of a certain age. Knew Theo reasonably well back in the day. Good lad.
  • Really interesting review and it's a book I would like to get my hands on.

Can any Charlton manager - before or after Theo - have made three better signings than Hales, Powell and Flanagan? I don't think so.
  • Chizz said:

Lived in the same house (just off Shooters Hill Road) for many a year.....I believe it was a house owned by the club at one time. Indeed he may have actually bought it from the club?
    Such a nice friendly uncomplicated fella, a proper gent who loves the game like life itself.
    Never happier than when he’s watching a game, whether it’s The Dog & Duck Sunday League seconds or a top pro team.
    Understand he’s not been too well of late......though I know nothing more than that.

I heard somewhere he bought it for £6,400 from Michael Gliksten.
    Source?
  • Chizz said:

Source?
    Can't remember. I think I read it somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• ''Can any Charlton manager - before or after Theo - have made three better signings than
    Hales, Powell and Flanagan? I don't think so.''

Yann, Dale Stephens and Morrison must be a close 2nd!
  • ''Can any Charlton manager - before or after Theo - have made three better signings than

Think Curbs might feel miffed.
  • Thanks for the heads up, Henry.

Theo’s a top man and has had a wonderful career in the game. Will certainly buy a copy of the paperback when it comes out.

Dale fucking Stephens.....oh come on!
  • Best pub in the area...British Oak.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Source?
    Can't remember. I think I read it somewhere.
    It says it in the review - the first post here.
  • big 'ol whoosh there crusty old chap.
  • big 'ol whoosh there crusty old chap.

Crusty old chap is now an image I can’t get rid of.

• ''Dale fucking Stephens.....oh come on!''

Now playing regularly in the Premiership for Brighton.
    Don't suppose you saw him play much in Chris Powell's
    promotion season and year after. Class midfield better than
    any of our present lot!!!
  • Best pub in the area...British Oak.

It's a dump or was. One visit was enough.