Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thoughts of a boycotter who didn't yesterday

boycott that is.
Since the plastic pigs we have not been in the Valley except for the Legends and the £5 Shrewsbury last season and the Shrewsbury this season as we had freebies but we decided to give Charlton another chance and sat in the NW Quadrant with the possible idea of buying season tickets there if we liked the view and the atmosphere

We set out from North Dorset with our red shirts and black and white scarfs arrived at the Valley at 1.45, were given bags of crisps and popped into the Royal Oak for a pint of what I can only describe as the most revolting IPA I have ever tried to drink. Then on to the protest behind the West at 2.15, couldn't understand the guy with the microphone, the crowd seemed apathetic and so were we as well, why? I guess because there was no one to protest at as the few senior club people were not there, it just seemed futile. Then into the NWQ, good view and as the match started an atmosphere, the crisps were thrown but from where we sat there seemed no point as the pitch was too far away. It also seemed that as we were wearing our black and white scarves we were shunned by other supporters, the camaraderie just wasn't there.

As for the match there was quite a lot of effort by both sides but as for football very little, is it that by watching the Prem on TV we are fed some of the world's best players and managers and what we see in L1 is just a different game. I don't know but what I do know is that I have never ever felt so depressed about Charlton in 60 years of support, now is worse that going to Selhurst as at least there was fight, a belief and want to support, now there seems to be little in me that is CAFC.

So where does that leave the Lass and myself our boycott will remain and when/if new owners arrive so will we. I shall continue with the stats and hopefully watch the "news" as it percolates down to CL and unfortunately read the various spats between Lifers that seem more and more prevalent on the site which might be due to our frustrations with the the club.

Is this what RD had reduced my support to, I never thought it would get this bad.

Comments

• boycott that is.
    Since the plastic pigs we have not been in the Valley except for the Legends and the £5 Shrewsbury last season and the Shrewsbury this season as we had freebies but we decided to give Charlton another chance and sat in the NW Quadrant with the possible idea of buying season tickets there if we liked the view and the atmosphere

We set out from North Dorset with our red shirts and black and white scarfs arrived at the Valley at 1.45, were given bags of crisps and popped into the Royal Oak for a pint of what I can only describe as the most revolting IPA I have ever tried to drink. Then on to the protest behind the West at 2.15, couldn't understand the guy with the microphone, the crowd seemed apathetic and so were we as well, why? I guess because there was no one to protest at as the few senior club people were not there, it just seemed futile. Then into the NWQ, good view and as the match started an atmosphere, the crisps were thrown but from where we sat there seemed no point as the pitch was too far away. It also seemed that as we were wearing our black and white scarves we were shunned by other supporters, the camaraderie just wasn't there.

As for the match there was quite a lot of effort by both sides but as for football very little, is it that by watching the Prem on TV we are fed some of the world's best players and managers and what we see in L1 is just a different game. I don't know but what I do know is that I have never ever felt so depressed about Charlton in 60 years of support, now is worse that going to Selhurst as at least there was fight, a belief and want to support, now there seems to be little in me that is CAFC.

So where does that leave the Lass and myself our boycott will remain and when/if new owners arrive so will we. I shall continue with the stats and hopefully watch the "news" as it percolates down to CL and unfortunately read the various spats between Lifers that seem more and more prevalent on the site which might be due to our frustrations with the the club.

Is this what RD had reduced my support to, I never thought it would get this bad.

60 years.... me too Lancy.
    Keep the faith fella......keep the faith.
  • Health /finances/time permitting, why don't you set yourself the aim of going to say 10 away games, if the Valley is not an option for you? I appreciate Dorset is a bit of a trek, but there are a reasonable number of southern clubs eg: Gills, Pompey, Wimbledon, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Wycombe, Oxford, Peterborough, Southend. Get a railcard and book in advance and it keeps the cost down.
  • Edgeley - yes that is what we shall do as when we liven in Lancs we went to most aways from Brum northwards
  • boycott that is.

Should have gone to the Anchor and Hope.
  • CHin up Lancs, you caught a naff day mate.

Yes I'm doing the Stats so chin is rising!

Exactly, yesterday was as turgid as it gets.
    It's not that we played badly, as in giving the ball away, not giving 100% etc, because we did.
    It's just that there is little midfield creativity.
    However, it wasn't dissimilar last season without Fosu and with him back we have a different game.
    Plus Cullen, Clarke, Reeves. We will improve I know it.