Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our club will rise again if the supporters want it

There is a lot of negativity and talk of terminal decline after yesterday.

I understand that and I'm down myself.

However, when we have a new owner(s) it is down to you and me to rebuild the club, to get us back to The Championship.

In some respect it shouldn't be that difficult.

If everyone that has stayed away returns, then the ACTUAL attendances would likely double overnight,.

If fans encourage, friends and families to come along, it will grow further.

The rebirth of our club is quite simply in our own hands.

We have done it once and we can do it again.

But it really is down to us and no one else and when I say down to us I mean every one of us.

It will boil down to what action every single one of us take and not leaving it to others.

It can and will be done, but the speed of our rise, is in no one's hands but our own.

Comments

• Well said mate
  • The negativity comes from not knowing when the present owner will go.
  • edited August 2018
    No doubt it will be done.

https://google.co.uk/amp/s/genius.com/amp/The-stone-roses-i-am-the-resurrection-lyrics

“Cut loose, you're no use
    I couldn't stand another second in your company

Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do

Stone me, why can't you see
    You're a no-one nowhere washed up baby“
  • Firstly Roland needs to do one.

Secondly. Whoever takes ownership will need to build a team. If results are good and the club is on the march then fans will return. Getting them back in previous numbers through the gates without on the pitch success might be a challenge. It’s very easy to find things to do on a Saturday afternoon.
  • edited August 2018
    thai malaysia addick said - "I like the sentiment and the positive thoughts, but I am not sure that is 'in our hands'. The owners will be deciding who is manager, what players are on the books and how the club is run etc. If you are asking us to give the new owners (assuming it happens one day) a fair crack of the whip and give them a chance, then I am right behind you. Even if the new owners are good, it is going to be like turning a big ship round and will take some time to sort out the mess. However, we still await news of RD's departure. I'll not hold my breath."

TMA, your post kind of illustrates my point.

If we are not to a man (woman) prepared to back the new owner(s) and return and encourage others to return and introduce new supporters, then it will be down to us and no one else.

Already, your post is hinting that you may not be regularly attending unless you approve of the managers and players etc.

If we want to complete with the medium size clubs then we need to physically support the club.

If we are not prepared to do so we will have to settle for what we have.

It truly is in our hands as supporters.

• It is vital that every vestige of Duchatelet's reign is eradicated when it happens. That includes Murray.
  • Firstly Roland needs to do one.

Secondly. Whoever takes ownership will need to build a team. If results are good and the club is on the march then fans will return. Getting them back in previous numbers through the gates without on the pitch success might be a challenge. It’s very easy to find things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

So it's not about boycotting then ?
  • There is a lot of negativity and talk of terminal decline after yesterday.

I understand that and I'm down myself.

However, when we have a new owner(s) it is down to you and me to rebuild the club, to get us back to The Championship.

In some respect it shouldn't be that difficult.

If everyone that has stayed away returns, then the ACTUAL attendances would likely double overnight,.

If fans encourage, friends and families to come along, it will grow further.

The rebirth of our club is quite simply in our own hands.

We have done it once and we can do it again.

But it really is down to us and no one else and when I say down to us I mean every one of us.

It will boil down to what action every single one of us take and not leaving it to others.

It can and will be done, but the speed of our rise, is in no one's hands but our own.

I am still nominating you as the SLO.
  • thai malaysia addick said - "I like the sentiment and the positive thoughts, but I am not sure that is 'in our hands'. The owners will be deciding who is manager, what players are on the books and how the club is run etc. If you are asking us to give the new owners (assuming it happens one day) a fair crack of the whip and give them a chance, then I am right behind you. Even if the new owners are good, it is going to be like turning a big ship round and will take some time to sort out the mess. However, we still await news of RD's departure. I'll not hold my breath."

TMA, your post kind of illustrates my point.

If we are not to a man (woman) prepared to back the new owner(s) and return and encourage others to return and introduce new supporters, then it will be down to us and no one else.

Already, your post is hinting that you may not be regularly attending unless you approve of the managers and players etc.

If we want to complete with the medium size clubs then we need to physically support the club.

If we are not prepared to do so we will have to settle for what we have.

It truly is in our hands as supporters.

I can see what you are saying about my post, but I am actually saying the opposite. I would give new owners a fair crack of the whip and would expect them to take two years to turn things around. If and when RD goes, I am sure he will leave some 'land mines' behind and most of the squad will be out of contract next summer. There will be plenty of upheaval ahead. I would be surprised if we see Championship football before 2021/22 -and that's assuming things don't get worse before they get better. I am with you, @Covered End, in principle. I just don't think it's 'truly in our hands'. I do think we can help a lot though and there's that little hurdle of RD really going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Of course our club will rise again and of course we the supporters want it.

The only question is, how soon. And that won't be until we have a new owner at the earliest.
  • If we want it, we shall come.
  • Amen to that brothers and sisters..
    Pretty much done it before and we can do it again.

• It needs to be a clean slate from day 1 of the new owners. No digging out of supporters who did or did not boycott or supported the team in their own way. No criticism of staff throughout the RD period or directors past or present or celebrity fans or anyone. It’s emotive following a club and logic and rationale don’t always apply.

People did what they did and it can’t be undone but I am sure all just want the club to be moderately successful at least.

As to the new owners be bold with tickets e.g. buy one get one free or football for a fiver until the new season. Do that and really tempt people back sooner rather than later.
  • Fully agree in principle. It will have to be a joint effort though. The club will have to support initiatives like kids for a quid, game for a fiver, family tickets etc as well as showing full respect to fans and supporters. Along with some investment in the team it shouldn't be too hard to get the good feel and pride back again
  • It needs to be a clean slate from day 1 of the new owners. No digging out of supporters who did or did not boycott or supported the team in their own way. No criticism of staff throughout the RD period or directors past or present or celebrity fans or anyone. It’s emotive following a club and logic and rationale don’t always apply.

People did what they did and it can’t be undone but I am sure all just want the club to be moderately successful at least.

As to the new owners be bold with tickets e.g. buy one get one free or football for a fiver until the new season. Do that and really tempt people back sooner rather than later.

RM and SP should be hounded out.

Hounding out Sue Parkes????
    And where would that leave Chris?
  • If, as some often tell us, her actions don't reflect on CP, why would it make any difference?
  • If, as some often tell us, her actions don't reflect on CP, why would it make any difference?

I think Chris would most likely walk, were that to happen.
    Which would be tragic IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

Hounding out Sue Parkes????
    And where would that leave Chris?
    Relieved.
  • New owners with vision and deep pockets will take us back up the leagues and success on the pitch will bring the fans back. I sometimes think that fans inflate their importance and influence, but there is no doubting the fact that our fans have had a massive influence on our club and are why it still exists.
  • Can’t help thinking if the former director loans hasn’t been in place/admin of some kind we might have attracted better owners back then a la Palace - no one wants to take a full hit, while others may be put off the complication of having to share their rewards after huge investment.

I think rebuilding could take a generation and it would be reliant on very enlightened ownership - this is not the Charlton or football era of the 1990s.

The last part is a really good point.

People continue to repeat that new owners (whoever they may be) have no reason to take over until the transfer window opens. But, I don't see it that way.

They could take over in September and that would at least immediately bring back the fans who are only staying away due to the Belgian one.

Then with a decent season ticket offer for the remaining home games, it would hopefully bring back those who stayed away for other reasons.

With any luck, we'd then have a bigger crowd to support the boys for several months before the window opens and bring in needed squad players to get us comfortably through the season.

• all makes sense. but what can be done now? I think we need to take action now to start the change. but how ? the current situation seems completely beyond our control.

could the fans find a group of investors and a mass investment among us to raise say 10m? and make up part of the Aussie group?