Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - 31 August 2018

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
© Charlton Life

All contracts end of June of the year stated unless otherwise indicated.

Positions are subjective and based on most likely or most commonly played position.

* indicates currently injured players

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

Dillon Philips 2019
Jed Steer - On season long loan from Aston Villa

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020
Anfernee Dijksteel 2020

Centre Backs

Patrick Bauer 2019
Jason Pearce 2020
Naby Sarr 2020
Krystian Bielik - On season long loan from Arsenal

Left Backs

Lewis Page 2019

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2019
Jake Forster-Caskey* 2019
Darren Pratley 2020
George Lapslie 2019
Albie Morgan Contract length not known
Josh Cullen - On loan from West Ham Utd until January 2019

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

Mark Marshall 2019
Tariqe Fosu 2019
Ben Reeves 2019
Billy Clarke* 2019
Jamie Ward - On season long loan from Nottm Forest

Strikers

Lyle Taylor 2020
Reeco Hackett-Fairchild 2019
Igor Vetokele 2019
Nicky Ajose 2019
Karlan Grant 2019

U23 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Ashely Maynard-Brewer 2019 plus 1 year option

Right Backs

Centre Backs

Daniel Bowry 2019 - On Loan to Richmond and Hampton
Toby Stevenson Contract length not known
Kenneth Yao 2019
Jo Cummings 2019
Ryan Blumberg 2019
Dan Birch Contract length not known

Left Backs

Jordan Zemura Contract length not known
Jamie Mascoll 2019

Central Midfielders

Taylor Maloney 2020
Ben Dempsey Contract length not known
Alfie Doughty Contract length not known
Luke Carey Contract length not known

Strikers

Mikhail Kennedy* December 2018
Josh Umerah 2019 - On season long loan to Boreham Wood
Terrique Anderson Contract length not known
Wilberforce Ocran Contract length not known

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Having promoted Lapsie and Morgan to the first team squad and with the additions of Ward, Bielik and Cullen we now have a first team squad of 25

Of those Forster-Caskey is out all season and Clarke still a month or two away but all the other injuries are now back in training, at least, so 23 players for Bowyer to choose from.

• I make us short of a winger and left back cover.
  • I make us short of a winger and left back cover.

Majorly this.
    Sarr at left back is giving me nightmares.
  • How the squad would look next summer if no deals are extended and no one else signed

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

Wonder which evening League they'll enter at Goals
  • Does anyone know what the situation is regarding Mikhail Kennedy?

I understand that he has been given a first team squad number, but he seems to be nowhere near the first team (Is he still injured?).

I remember Kennedy starting a couple of times during Karel Fraeye’s disastrous management spell, but I haven’t seen him play since.

He is 22 now, so surely this season will be his last chance to breakthrough to the first team at our club.

• There's only two Albie Morgan's, two Albie Morgan's :wink:
  • You have Albie Morgan listed under both First Team and u23.

Can an EFL team still sign out-of-contract players after today's deadline? Assuming they have been out-of-contract since summer?
  • Does anyone know what the situation is regarding Mikhail Kennedy?

I understand that he has been given a first team squad number, but he seems to be nowhere near the first team (Is he still injured?).

I remember Kennedy starting a couple of times during Karel Fraeye’s disastrous management spell, but I haven’t seen him play since.

He is 22 now, so surely this season will be his last chance to breakthrough to the first team at our club.

It was actually Luzon that started playing him, always felt it was a weird decision at the time and he hasn't really been near the first team since Luzon was sacked (nearly 3 years ago, where has that time gone?).
  • Luke Carey MC? I thought he was the striker who banged in the record goals at youth level or have i got him mixed up with someone. U18 list?
  • Sponsored links:

• Luke Carey MC? I thought he was the striker who banged in the record goals at youth level or have i got him mixed up with someone. U18 list?

Your confusing him with Alex Willis who left for America
  • How the squad would look next summer if no deals are extended and no one else signed

Chris Solly 2020
    Anfernee Dijksteel 2020
    Jason Pearce 2020
    Naby Sarr 2020
    Darren Pratley 2020
    Lyle Taylor 2020

Never mind next Summer - knowing Roland, this could be 1st Feb 2019 !
  • We cannot sign any more until January, but a good idea keep putting this thread up and see another player join Henry :smiley:
  • I think this is a pretty strong squad,no reason why we cannot start winning games and get up the table,the Take over situation will take care of its self,so lets get behind the team.
  • So many loans and expiring contracts. We'll be lucky to get any permanent signings ever again under Roland so unless these players all lose their minds and sign new contracts, we'll be looking at a tiny relegation squad next season without a takeover
  • Are the loan periods in the lists above right? I thought Cullen was here all year and Ward until January?

Shoddy work, Henry! :-)
  • Bowry recalled.

Gary said: “It’s a shame we could not offer Dan more game time, but this was due to circumstances. I accept this may be the best move for him.

"I’ve wished him all the best for the future, and we all hope he can fulfil his potential.”

http://www.hamptonfc.net/news/loanee-dan-bowry-recalled-by-charlton-athletic-2348136.html