Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burton away November 27th

@clive as a man in the know, have you looked into transport for this one yet? Wanted to get the new ground under the belt but the trains gone look a bit risky with the last train back to London very missable if the connections go wrong.

Cheap tickets are available so any assistance gratefully received from yourself or any other kind poster!

Comments

• Travelodge by the station is quite reasonable if you want to stay over rather than risk getting back
  • Cheers Louis. Presumably you mean Burton on Trent station?
  • HandG said:

@clive as a man in the know, have you looked into transport for this one yet? Wanted to get the new ground under the belt but the trains gone look a bit risky with the last train back to London very missable if the connections go wrong.

Cheap tickets are available so any assistance gratefully received from yourself or any other kind poster!

I have & am still looking into it [apologies @i-b-b-o-r-g] .The route you have probably seen on the return journey involves changing at Birmingham New Street with a very tight connection[9 minutes].
    I will do a bit more research & post more details later.

• You can look at going via Derby as well .
  • HandG said:

Cheers Louis. Presumably you mean Burton on Trent station?

Yes
  • Driving for this one.
  • It is an easy bus ride from Derby town centre, it is what I will be doing as am living in Derby.
  • Richard J said:

You can look at going via Derby as well .

Burton is basically in the middle between Derby and Birmingham, I used to go there a lot for drinking weekends with a friend who was living in Burton and working in on of the breweries there!
  • So wish this was a Saturday game!
  • Redrobo said:

So wish this was a Saturday game!

Same. First fixture I looked for when they came out as my other half's family live in Burton, would have been ideal for a weekend up there. Going to drive up for this one, and suffer the tiredness on Wednesday at work...
  • Sponsored links:

• The only way back to London by train after the game is the 22.23 from Burton to Birmingham New Street arrives 23.01.
    Dep Birmingham New Street 23.10 Arrive Euston 01.13,which is a bit tight.
  • Work have an office in Birmingham. Hopefully I can work up that way for the Tuesday & Wednesday.
  • Got some clients in Lutterworth so am considering this if we are in form.

Train is no use for me as too late to get home from London
  • clive said:

The only way back to London by train after the game is the 22.23 from Burton to Birmingham New Street arrives 23.01.
    Dep Birmingham New Street 23.10 Arrive Euston 01.13,which is a bit tight.

I'm not sure I'd want to risk that connection...
  • Easy I'll drive from Chesterfield
  • edited September 2018
    I've got myself on a training course in Nottingham that day. 18 miles away :wink:
  • Have meetings in Leicester Tuesday and stoke Wednesday. Wonder where I will be staying
  • Good result today.