Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eunan O’Kane signs for League 1 club on loan

Eunan O’Kane has signed for Luton Town on loan till January.

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2018/august/eunan-okane-signs/

I was led to believe O’Kane didn’t want to drop down to League 1 and that’s why he didn’t sign for us.

O’Kane does state that this move happened pretty quickly, which leads me to believe that no Championship clubs wanted him. Maybe he would have joined us, but the signing of Josh Cullen meant we couldn’t i.e wage budget, and other positions needing to be filled.

Comments

• old news ... good work
  • Maybe he just didn't want to join us? Can't say I blame him!
  • Rizzo said:

Maybe he just didn't want to join us? Can't say I blame him!

Yes, this may be true, but I can’t help but feel that we would have been a more appealing club to join than Luton Town. If you put the chaos at our club aside, surely the infrastructure at Charlton would be more desirable to O’Kane than what Luton can offer. We have a good ground, and decent training facilities.

Maybe it was never a choice of us or Luton in the first place. Who knows?
  • Rizzo said:

Maybe he just didn't want to join us? Can't say I blame him!

Yes, this may be true, but I can’t help but feel that we would have been a more appealing club to join than Luton Town. If you put the chaos at our club aside, surely the infrastructure at Charlton would be more desirable to O’Kane than what Luton can offer. We have a good ground, and decent training facilities.

Maybe it was never a choice of us or Luton in the first place. Who knows?
    Unfortunately not, We have a 10% built new training ground, a staff canteen in a portacabin and the whole place much in need of work.
  • Thanks Colin
  • Not to mention we have no SMT and an owner who doesn't give a fuck.
  • I shall reserve judgment on him until I see him against us in a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    the day we lose out on a player to luton.... fuck me

although if it was a choice of cullen or him, i think cullen is decent a lot of west ham fans are quite pissed off about him being loaned out.
  • yeah that could well be the case in which we seem to have got the better player.
  • In Bowyer I trust... So far his signings this season have been pretty good

Its only Steer who has the question mark but he was signed to be a better option than Maynard-Brewer and challenge Phillips if he could, which at the moment seems as though he's not challenging him
  • the day we lose out on a player to luton.... fuck me

although if it was a choice of cullen or him, i think cullen is decent a lot of west ham fans are quite pissed off about him being loaned out.

Walsh & Elliott.
  • Sounds like someone Rocky Balboa would've fought.
  • In a few weeks time we'll be able to compare Cullen and O'Kane!
  • People keep saying we lost out on him to Luton did we??

Or did he want to stay in The Championship and come this morning that wasnt an option so had to go to League 1 and we were no longer interested as we had Cullen.

This. No chance we were ever planning to sign 2 CMs.
  • the day we lose out on a player to luton.... fuck me

True ... and a lot of Leeds fans glad to see the back of O'Kane. Some very unfavourable comments on social media including delusional, pub standard and most damning of all, send him to our rivals.
  • People keep saying we lost out on him to Luton did we??

Or did he want to stay in The Championship and come this morning that wasnt an option so had to go to League 1 and we were no longer interested as we had Cullen.

Probably not too far wrong, although if O'Kane was an option then i don't think another body in the building would've been a bad thing for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Something doesn’t quite add up with O’Kane.

He is the only Leeds regular from the last couple of seasons that from the very beginning of pre-season was not in Bielsa’s plans whatsoever, to the point he didn’t get a squad number.

He apparently turned down Championship clubs on loan as he thought he would get a better club in the Championship, but that never happened.

He then said, or his agent put the press, that he wouldn’t consider a League One loan this window. We in turn pursued to signed Cullen which you would assume put us out of the running. But I don’t believe that to be the full story, I think if we could’ve had the budget for him, we would’ve done all we could to get him.

It gets to the last day of the window and he hasn’t got a Championship club and the favoured League One club that Leeds preferred has now signed another midfielder, so Luton come in for him at the last minute and sign him because ultimately he has no other options.

Leeds fans don’t like him for one reason or another, it is not all down to his ability because he does have good ability, but some of it comes down to his attitude and desire I think. Stories go that he not only wasn’t wanted by Bielsa at Leeds, but he didn’t want to do the 12 hour days of 3 sessions a day in pre-season that they were doing.

I think he would’ve made us better for sure, his quality would’ve stood out in this division. However, we might have also dodged a bullet too, by speaking to my Dad, who is a Leeds fan, and reading a few things about him, something just isn’t quite right.
  • Sage said:

Something doesn’t quite add up with O’Kane.

He is the only Leeds regular from the last couple of seasons that from the very beginning of pre-season was not in Bielsa’s plans whatsoever, to the point he didn’t get a squad number.

He apparently turned down Championship clubs on loan as he thought he would get a better club in the Championship, but that never happened.

He then said, or his agent put the press, that he wouldn’t consider a League One loan this window. We in turn pursued to signed Cullen which you would assume put us out of the running. But I don’t believe that to be the full story, I think if we could’ve had the budget for him, we would’ve done all we could to get him.

It gets to the last day of the window and he hasn’t got a Championship club and the favoured League One club that Leeds preferred has now signed another midfielder, so Luton come in for him at the last minute and sign him because ultimately he has no other options.

Leeds fans don’t like him for one reason or another, it is not all down to his ability because he does have good ability, but some of it comes down to his attitude and desire I think. Stories go that he not only wasn’t wanted by Bielsa at Leeds, but he didn’t want to do the 12 hour days of 3 sessions a day in pre-season that they were doing.

I think he would’ve made us better for sure, his quality would’ve stood out in this division. However, we might have also dodged a bullet too, by speaking to my Dad, who is a Leeds fan, and reading a few things about him, something just isn’t quite right.

Mate at work who is a season ticket holder says he can be temperamental and disruptive, Good bullet to dodge...
  • He obviously dropped a bollock thinking championship clubs were going to be falling over themselves for his services,they were not so he is at Luton,and we have a very decent player instead.
  • Never heard of him. Which makes him a classic Charlton signing. Gutted we missed out on him.
  • Broke his leg today.
  • Broke his leg today.

He'd only been on the pitch 10 minutes when it happened, after coming on as a 75th minute sub for Luton.

• Broke his leg today.

shit news (for him). thats the luck we normally have. perhaps the tide is turning.
  • Tough luck, hope it's not a bad one
  • Hope he recovers ok.