Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walsall v Charlton (Postponed due to International Call Ups)

Comments

• thanks for the heads up .. I very nearly booked a hotel for the original date
  • We're a league 1 club. Just play the game on the Sat so more people can go ffs.

yeah, good call. Lets play an away match with 4 of our best players missing. We are already riddled with injuries.

unless this is a whoosh.......
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple
  • Reeves for N. Ireland?
  • We're a league 1 club. Just play the game on the Sat so more people can go ffs.

yeah, good call. Lets play an away match with 4 of our best players missing. We are already riddled with injuries.

Injury list will be even bigger end of November especially if a cup replay is thrown in
  • Interesting that we have four callups already, as the squads haven't been announced yet. I assume the announcements will be in the next day or so
  • Sponsored links:

• Vetokele, Taylor, Ward and Cullen
  • edited September 2018
    Crispy said:

Vetokele, Taylor, Ward and Cullen

Dont think Angola ise Igor atm(might change now he is back from injury)

Bielik will be called up by Poland under 21 he was last break but him and Taylor rejected as they was the only 2
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple

I'd be surprised if Bielik has been called up by any of the Polish teams
  • So I take it Portsmouth will be off in November as well
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple

Why would u be surprised, Taylor already said both him and Bielik rejected calls last international break

Best thing is having the game called off as Ward and Cullen were instrumental in our win on Saturday, especially if Taylor is all absent now

Be more sensible though to wait and see if either team reach the FA Cup 2nd Round so the game can then be on a weekend rather than squeezing it into a midweek slot if both were to go out in the 1st Round
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple

Why would u be surprised, Taylor already said both him and Bielik rejected calls last international break
    True yet Bielik isnt fit at the moment, nor has he been called up past the Polish U19 squad yet
  • moving forward other international weekends that clash with Charlton fixtures;

16th- 18th november pompey away
    21st-26th march 2019 wycombe wanderers away

be a shame if the above 2 are moved as 2 of the better away days in this shit league.
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple

True yet Bielik isnt fit at the moment, nor has he been called up past the Polish U19 squad yet
    Cant think who else the 4th would be.

Reeves hasnt played for N.Ireland since 2015.

Igor hasnt played for Angola in recent times.

No English players are ready even at youth levels.

in fairness we did have some fans crying because a packet of crisps stopped us from scoring - so can only imagine the outrage if we played without some of our better players.

my only gripe with internationals is taylor plays for monserrat so long haul flight risk of injury etc
  • Sponsored links:

• moving forward other international weekends that clash with Charlton fixtures;

be a shame if the above 2 are moved as 2 of the better away days in this shit league.

Cheers palarse
  • Glad they're away games though having to be moved - Tuesday night games are a nuisance for me these days having to travel up from Orpington (work) and then home again to Medway afterwards
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple

Very true actually... I know Gavin Whyte (Oxford) got called up for his first cap by Northern Ireland for their last game but cant see Ben Reeves being part of the Northern Ireland setup again just yet
  • At least Page will be able to rest his groin
  • clb74 said:

moving forward other international weekends that clash with Charlton fixtures;

Cheers palarse
    that should be it for international fixtures until 19/20 season. as much as we all enjoy a good piss up a game like pompey i really would not want to play a weakened side also its not gonna top last season is it.
    wycombe would be a shame as was looking to tick it off although business end of the season i would like us to be as strong as possible.
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple

Very true actually... I know Gavin Whyte (Oxford) got called up for his first cap by Northern Ireland for their last game but cant see Ben Reeves being part of the Northern Ireland setup again just yet
    The only othwr thing I can think and ita a long shot but he did play at under 19 level is Karlan has just turned 21, is there any chance he could be called up by England under 21s, I think its extremly doubtful
  • clb74 said:

We're a league 1 club. Just play the game on the Sat so more people can go ffs.

Injury list will be even bigger end of November especially if a cup replay is thrown in
    We won't need a cup replay - we're more than capable of going out at the first time of asking.
  • edited September 2018
    clb74 said:

So I take it Portsmouth will be off in November as well

would not surprise me if we play this, Sky may want that as a game and can see Roland wanting the money thinking short term as always.
  • clb74 said:

moving forward other international weekends that clash with Charlton fixtures;

Cheers palarse
    that should be it for international fixtures until 19/20 season. as much as we all enjoy a good piss up a game like pompey i really would not want to play a weakened side also its not gonna top last season is it.
    wycombe would be a shame as was looking to tick it off although business end of the season i would like us to be as strong as possible.
    Wycombe is at least a relatively short journey from London, so no problem getting home afterwards
  • Ward
    Cullen
    Taylor
    Bielik

Simple

The only othwr thing I can think and ita a long shot but he did play at under 19 level is Karlan has just turned 21, is there any chance he could be called up by England under 21s, I think its extremly doubtful
    Nah no chance... i.e. Look at the kids ahead of him in that position for the U21s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-21_football_team#Players

Only other possibility is if he's been called up by the England U20 squad as he'll still be eligible for them