Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walsall v Charlton (Postponed due to International Call Ups)

Comments

• clb74 said:

So I take it Portsmouth will be off in November as well

would not surprise me if we play this, Sky may want that as a game and can see Roland wanting the money thinking short term as always.
    Be handy we can do the micro pub again
  • Bugger! Bought 4 £16 return train tickets before we signed Cullen & Ward. Non-refundable too.
  • clb74 said:

would not surprise me if we play this, Sky may want that as a game and can see Roland wanting the money thinking short term as always.
    Bloody hope not... Dont want the club to be stupid enough to face a rival with fit players missing

SKY usually avoid us around the International Breaks these days due to the possibility of games being called off
  • edited September 2018
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Be handy we can do the micro pub again
    Do not mind that, just not having a pint of Grandad's jock strap juice again.
  • clb74 said:

Bloody hope not... Dont want the club to be stupid enough to face a rival with fit players missing

SKY usually avoid us around the International Breaks these days due to the possibility of games being called off
    Didn't we have to play Swindon away 2 years ago without 3 players because it was on sky
  • edited September 2018
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Didn't we have to play Swindon away 2 years ago without 3 players because it was on sky
    Yeah thats because Sky had picked the game a few days before we signed Magennis who took us to three Internationals - It was the same situation this season (Just without it being a sky game) with Cullen and Ward hence why the Wycombe game wasnt called off
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

At the time the fixture was chosen, I don't think we had 3 international players

Anyway surely Sky will choose a Sunderland game if they're playing!
  • clb74 said:

common sense would say you would not play but this is Roland owned Charlton. Common sense goes out the window when the pound note is waved.

Same happened with Swindon away and Slade got sacked as @clb74 mentioned.
  • clb74 said:

common sense would say you would not play but this is Roland owned Charlton. Common sense goes out the window when the pound note is waved.

Swindon was out of our control though

I guess its quite a good rule because if a club were preparing for a big game with five injuries, they could quickly sign three players from San Marino, claim they're missing those players due to International Duty and get the game called off without ever playing the new signings
  • clb74 said:

Swindon was out of our control though

I guess its quite a good rule because if a club were preparing for a big game with five injuries, they could quickly sign three players from Scotland, claim they're missing those players due to International Duty and get the game called off without ever playing the new signings
    True
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

clb74 said:

yes we did i remember because i done the scotland at wembley game on the friday night ( another loss for scotland ) and then had got down the pub for 12 on the saturday for the charlton game.
  • clb74 said:

We're a league 1 club. Just play the game on the Sat so more people can go ffs.

yeah, good call. Lets play an away match with 4 of our best players missing. We are already riddled with injuries.

unless this is a whoosh.......
    Injury list will be even bigger end of November especially if a cup replay is thrown in
    We won't need a cup replay - we're more than capable of going out at the first time of asking.
    LOL
    Bromley addicks last year Robinson and bowyer named about 8 players for the cup game saying it was a strong team about 2-3 1st steamers in it.
    Unhappy from Bromley here was jumping up and down shouting it's too strong.
  • We're a league 1 club. Just play the game on the Sat so more people can go ffs.

At any time we have about 4 of our squad injured, plus the 4 having the call up which makes 8 players missing from a League 1 squad. Do we really only want 5 subs again ?
  • I think the Wycombe game in March is a home game
  • Anyone at a loss for something to do that weekend, might like to be reminded that local elections are being held in Belgium that Sunday.
  • Yeah! It will be on iplayer and I wasn’t going!!🙆‍♂️
  • Nothing worse than a Saturday with no club football.

Will be a real shame to lose 2 good awaydays if Pompey and Wycombe get moved too. I'll still do both, but won't be the same with half the attendance.
  • 2 Charlton games in my birthday week.

I'm a lucky, lucky girl...
  • moving forward other international weekends that clash with Charlton fixtures;

16th- 18th november pompey away
    21st-26th march 2019 wycombe wanderers away

be a shame if the above 2 are moved as 2 of the better away days in this shit league.

So three away games that I would have gone to are now going to be on a Tuesday night.
    F#$#ing brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• moving forward other international weekends that clash with Charlton fixtures;

be a shame if the above 2 are moved as 2 of the better away days in this shit league.

So three away games that I would have gone to are now going to be on a Tuesday night.
    F#$#ing brilliant.
    Thought you were retired
  • clb74 said:

moving forward other international weekends that clash with Charlton fixtures;

F#$#ing brilliant.
    Thought you were retired
    Early morning commitments.
    Tuesday night aways are a no for me unfortunately.

F#$#ing brilliant.
    IF call ups are made which unless they have real stinkers of season i doubt they will continue to be called up.
  • Bugger! Bought 4 £16 return train tickets before we signed Cullen & Ward. Non-refundable too.

There's a comedy festival in Birmingham that weekend if an alternative helps.
  • edited September 2018
    IdleHans said:

Bugger! Bought 4 £16 return train tickets before we signed Cullen & Ward. Non-refundable too.

If it's during the day, that sounds good! Cheers.
  • Selfishly i can now go to that game, and also have the next few days off...

IdleHans said:

Bugger! Bought 4 £16 return train tickets before we signed Cullen & Ward. Non-refundable too.

If it's during the day, that sounds good! Cheers.
    Me and a mate have already got our train tickets so we'll be doing the comedy instead - it's the last weekend of a two week thing so there's lots on day and evening
  • I am now able to go and have just booked the hotel next to the ground.
  • FUCK RIGHT OFF!

The worlds gone fuckin mad!
  • Sweet my local game now when working will def be at this one