Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Luton

2»

Comments

• Options

CHG said:

8 of us are getting of at Harpenden.
    A far better place for a beer than Luton.
    Only a 15 minute cab ride to the ground as well.

Where I live now. I recommend the Harpenden Arms and The Oddfellows.

We have decided on the Harpenden Arms.
    Give us a shout if you are going and I'll buy you a pint.
    The Arms was a top pub but has been refurbed and no longer has televisions. No issue in itself but if you want to watch the lunchtime game or the golf I'd head across from the Arms over the green to the British Legion, or Bennets as I think it's now called. Loads of screens for all the sport and loads of room. We've booked a return minibus from there to the ground. I can't stress enough , having grown up in Harpenden, how vastly different it is to Luton.

If you've bought a ticket to Luton station there are barriers at Harpenden (sometimes they're open) and it would retain your ticket. As I said above though, a cab to the ground from Harpenden is the way to go.
  • Options

CHG said:

The Arms was a top pub but has been refurbed and no longer has televisions. No issue in itself but if you want to watch the lunchtime game or the golf I'd head across from the Arms over the green to the British Legion, or Bennets as I think it's now called. Loads of screens for all the sport and loads of room. We've booked a return minibus from there to the ground. I can't stress enough , having grown up in Harpenden, how vastly different it is to Luton.

If you've bought a ticket to Luton station there are barriers at Harpenden (sometimes they're open) and it would retain your ticket. As I said above though, a cab to the ground from Harpenden is the way to go.
    Thanks for the info.
    Will probably have a quick one in the Arms and then follow you to Bennets
  • Options

CHG said:

Thanks for the info.
    Will probably have a quick one in the Arms and then follow you to Bennets
    Good stuff, see you there.