Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton (a) Match Thread

Comments

• 45’
    Half-time here, and just before the referee's whistle goes the Town find the back of the net as Grant fires in from a yard, but he was called offside.
  • We're so exposed down our left. Page just never seems to be out wide
  • 1StevieG said:

At the Emirates watching Arsenal v watford and got a few funny looks when I cheered our penalty.

I think the looks were for making any noise there
  • Don’t really deserve the 1-0 lead but who cares
    Missing Grant
  • edited September 2018

ross1 said:

Jog my memory, did KR get rid of Wagstaff and Pigott?

Waggy was long gone. Went after we were promoted to Championshjp under CP.
    Waggy was here for the season after that, went on loan to Orient before coming back and making a few appearances in the Championship.

Pigott left the summer Slade came in.
  • Good quality game, fairly even. Luton look dangerous going forward with Elliot Lee their stand out player so far. Our only significant weak spot so far is on our left flank when defending - Lewis Page has been caught out of position quite a lot, which has exposed Naby Sarr. Need to tighten up in that area. Igor quite anonymous so far. He needs to be able to link up with Taylor more.

But, one up at away against good opposition. Let's keep it going.
  • (iFollow). Decent game of football with Luton looking very impressive and just about the better team. Shinnie and Lee running the show for them and they are very threatening down their right hand side.

We looked really sharp early on (in particular Fosu) with some great passing moves, but they very quickly grew into it and nullified the limited threat we have posed. Vetokele not really in it but Taylor working hard again. Penalty the only real chance but Reeves had a good opportunity that came to his right foot, but he spent far too long trying to get into onto his left peg before getting challenged. (Never understood why a high percentage of football pros can only use one foot!?).

Cullen totally anonymous that half as well; looks like they've done their homework on him. Pearce immense again.
  • I'm not convinced we deserve to be 1 up but who cares!

Hopefully we can shift up a gear (or two) for the 2nd half, cos I have a feeling they're gonna come at us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Good quality game, fairly even. Luton look dangerous going forward with Elliot Lee their stand out player so far. Our only significant weak spot so far is on our left flank when defending - Lewis Page has been caught out of position quite a lot, which has exposed Naby Sarr. Need to tighten up in that area. Igor quite anonymous so far. He needs to be able to link up with Taylor more.

But, one up at away against good opposition. Let's keep it going.

I think there's a lack of midfield protection on that side. Reeves is helping Solly but not sure who out of Aribo or Fosu is meant to be tracking back to help Page
  • I'm not convinced we deserve to be 1 up but who cares!

Hopefully we can shift up a gear (or two) for the 2nd half, cos I have a feeling they're gonna come at us.

Grant on for some of the second half
  • Cheers Callum
  • 46' The second half is underway....

#ltfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Posted at
    46'
    Foul by Glen Rea (Luton Town).

Posted at
    46'
    Lewis Page (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.
  • Looks a soft penalty
  • Posted at
    47'
    Andrew Shinnie (Luton Town) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at
    47'
    Foul by Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic).
  • Let's win a game by more than one goal.
  • 49' Patient football from the Addicks. Fosu cuts the ball back for Taylor on the edge of the box, but his effort is over the bar.

#ltfc 0 #cafc 1
  • MrOneLung said:

Looks a soft penalty

Looks a great scoreline atm though :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Looks a soft penalty

My thoughts exactly. But we've had enough go against us.
  • MrOneLung said:

Looks a soft penalty

More of a pen than Peterborough's against us
  • Posted at
    50'
    Glen Rea (Luton Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at
    50'
    Foul by Josh Cullen (Charlton Athletic).
  • I'll be well happy if it finishes like this and we're up in third !
  • Wasn't Aribo booked for diving last week?
  • 52' Vetokele is pulled back wide right and Charlton have a free-kick. Reeves will deliver.

#ltfc 0 #cafc 1
  • 53' Luton get it clear.

#ltfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Croydon said:

We're so exposed down our left. Page just never seems to be out wide

Didn't I read that he is carrying a knock too?
  • LenGlover said:

Croydon said:

We're so exposed down our left. Page just never seems to be out wide

Didn't I read that he is carrying a knock too?
    Yes
  • 54'
    Foul by Elliot Lee (Luton Town).

Posted at
    54'
    Jason Pearce (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!