Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth away (ed. GAME POSTPONED)

edited October 2018 in Match Day Travel
Initial allocation of 1460 tickets to go on sale tomorrow morning.Please note this game is on an international weekend & is liable to be rearranged.
Sale restrictions are as follows:

Thursday, October 18th: Valley Gold members who have at least 260 loyalty points
Friday, October 19th: Fans with at least 260 loyalty points
Monday, October 22nd: Valley Gold members who have at least 230 loyalty points
Tuesday, October 23rd: Valley Gold members or fans with at least 230 loyalty points
Thursday, October 25th: Fans with at least 50 loyalty points
Friday, October 26th: General sale
Prices as follows
Adult £23
Over 64 £17
Under 23 £15
Under 18 £10
Under 18 accompanied by an adult or an over 64 £5

Valley Away will be running a service to Fratton Park, priced at £19. Full information on pick-up times and locations can be seen below.

Larkfield: 9am

Gravesend: 9.25am

Dartford: 9.40am

Bexleyheath: 9.55am

Bromley: 10.25am

Eltham: 10.45am

Charlton: 11am
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bc749af4de0a/portsmouth-away-tickets-to-go-on-restricted-sale-from-thursday

Comments

• surely would make sense for the club to only sell them once the game is declared on otherwise got to faff about with refunds ? i presume tickets are refundable, the way i see it we have a better chance of beating them with a big vocal backing. i would be surprised if any more than 500 made it down midweek.
  • Expensive couple of days, England v USA on the Thursday, Pompey on Saturday & England v Croatia on the Sunday.
  • to add to this the loyalty breaks are now coming so fair play to the club on that does give regular away travellers priority over 1 a season visiters
  • I am away for the Saturday however desperately want to go if it is postponed, which I believe is likely. Do I wait and take a chance or just buy now and fingers crossed? The additional trouble is I am away from 3rd Nov so we might not even be sure by then!
  • @redman you will be able to get a spare i am sure, i would hold off
  • edited October 2018
    How many points do you get for a ST again?
  • If this is played midweek, tickets won't be a problem
  • JaShea99 said:

How many points do you get for a ST again?

• having got tickets for luton on general sale im pretty confident i would get a ticket for this, regarding international does anyone know when we know if it to go ahead or not?.
  • having got tickets for luton on general sale im pretty confident i would get a ticket for this, regarding international does anyone know when we know if it to go ahead or not?.

When squads are announced. Usually this is just over 2 weeks ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• We postponed the Walsall game very early, well before any squads were announced!
  • redman said:

I am away for the Saturday however desperately want to go if it is postponed, which I believe is likely. Do I wait and take a chance or just buy now and fingers crossed? The additional trouble is I am away from 3rd Nov so we might not even be sure by then!

Wait, because it won't sell out & it surely will be switched to midweek.
  • We postponed the Walsall game very early, well before any squads were announced!

Announced publicly yes, but we wouldn't have been allowed to P_P if not announced internally.
    The answer to the original question was we announced it would be P_P just over 2 weeks before the game so do you have to be pedantic in my exact wording. Check the dates of announcement of the postponement on the website if you don't believe me.
  • redman said:

We postponed the Walsall game very early, well before any squads were announced!

Announced publicly yes, but we wouldn't have been allowed to P_P if not announced internally.
    The answer to the original question was we announced it would be P_P just over 2 weeks before the game so do you have to be pedantic in my exact wording. Check the dates of announcement of the postponement on the website if you don't believe me.
    No idea why you're digging out killerandflash, when he didn't even quote you !
  • redman said:

having got tickets for luton on general sale im pretty confident i would get a ticket for this, regarding international does anyone know when we know if it to go ahead or not?.

When squads are announced. Usually this is just over 2 weeks ahead
    i obviously knew the 1st bit i just wondered when it was.

maybe drop the tone and people wouldnt moan
  • Sorry if there was a tone. Didn't realise there was. Was just trying to be helpful.
  • redman said:

Sorry if there was a tone. Didn't realise there was. Was just trying to be helpful.

Was more the digging out of the other poster, anyway moving on
  • Buying a ticket on the phone is a right bugger at the moment. Tried yesterday, Thursday, but the ticket office was not open after 1pm! So I went on-line but my password was not recognised, gave up! Waited until today, Friday, and finally booked my tickets after waiting in a phone queue for + twenty minutes. Ticket lady was nice but the point is that it was not easy to get a ticket, which it should be. Still, at least I have saved a long standing in the queue tomorrow.
  • _MrDick said:

My worst nightmare ... I promised the other half a shopping trip to Gun Wharf if I can go to the football. She’s got the trip all set up taking her sisters as well. Now I’m faced with the prospect of traipsing around the shops with no football ... Aaaargh :cry:

Go to the naval dockyard instead
  • Sponsored links:

• Buying a ticket on the phone is a right bugger at the moment. Tried yesterday, Thursday, but the ticket office was not open after 1pm! So I went on-line but my password was not recognised, gave up! Waited until today, Friday, and finally booked my tickets after waiting in a phone queue for + twenty minutes. Ticket lady was nice but the point is that it was not easy to get a ticket, which it should be. Still, at least I have saved a long standing in the queue tomorrow.

Possibly long phone queues as kid for £1 tomorrow.

*sniggers*
  • One of my favourite away games ever last season

Can’t make the game on the 17th but would be up for a midweeker, can just about get there and back in time from the City to get my last train home.
  • edited October 2018

One of my favourite away games ever last season

Can’t make the game on the 17th but would be up for a midweeker, can just about get there and back in time from the City to get my last train home.

Looking at the midweek times from Portsmouth & Southsea station, the last direct train is at 22:24, back to Waterloo at 00:33, while there is a connecting train at 21:59 (which should be gettable), arriving at 00:08

The atmosphere will be a fraction of what it was last season though.
  • im not going midweek, if closer to end of season then maybe but a cold november/december midweek no ta, as previously said the saturday for a vocal side of things would be better and for the fans.

certain to get the call ups required but it is our choice whether the game is off or not personally a backlog of games i am not a fan of.
  • If we both go out of the 1st round of the FA Cup, then the 2nd round date will be free for this game (or for the Walsall one if they are out)
  • Come on chaps, tuesday night game in Pompey is still a top away day
  • Tempted by a midweeker, can go direct from work from the city, hopefully we are competing with them when it comes round.
  • edited October 2018

Buying a ticket on the phone is a right bugger at the moment. Tried yesterday, Thursday, but the ticket office was not open after 1pm! So I went on-line but my password was not recognised, gave up! Waited until today, Friday, and finally booked my tickets after waiting in a phone queue for + twenty minutes. Ticket lady was nice but the point is that it was not easy to get a ticket, which it should be. Still, at least I have saved a long standing in the queue tomorrow.

If you have two members of staff in the ticket office you will struggle to sell tickets on the day before a game if there are even a very moderate number of people buying by phone.

I’m not sure what the actual staffing level is, they may have casual help, but let’s not pretend the problem is demand. It’s much more likely to be penny pinching.

If you have two members of staff in the ticket office you will struggle to sell tickets on the day before a game if there are even a very moderate number of people buying by phone.

I’m not sure what the actual staffing level is, they may have casual help, but let’s not pretend the problem is demand. It’s much more likely to be penny pinching.
    Quite, long queues and more than a 20 minute wait, due to a reduced staff & possibly selling more tickets than usual due to kids for £1.