Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Well done ladies!
  • Well done ladies a great win against Millwall on your new ground, good luck this season in the Championship. Shame CAWFC had to move from Thamesmead Town I used to enjoy going down there to see you play.
  • Great read.

She hit the bar v Man U today who are managed by former Charlton captain Casey Stoney. Sadly we lost 3-0.

Man U are yet to concede a goal this season.
  • Don't Man U have a load of international players who dropped down a league to play for them?
  • Don't Man U have a load of international players who dropped down a league to play for them?

They also have the biggest budget in the league.

And their Ladies beat Aston Villa 12-0 this season.

• edited October 2018
    My first game at Crayford on a lovely sunny day. Not close for me but wanted to support the 2nd tier Charlton championship women's team.
    A close game with Clifford scoring a screamer in the second half to wrap up the 3 points with United playing with 10 after 2 yellow cards were accumulated by a sheffield player.
    Amber Stobbs scored on her Birthday with a scrambled goal which inched over the line at her second attempt.
    3rd win, 1 draw and just the 1 defeat against the full timers of Manchester United.
    Kit Graham the Charlton prolific striker from last season is still to find her shooting boots in the higher Division (only 1 so far) but is a talented footballer.
    I'm informed by Ms Stobbs that they are a happy ambitious side and all the players mix well and the spirit is spot on.

Good to see Simon Webster involved with the Ladies team as a fitness coach.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-0 at half time.
  • Thanks Henry
  • Another fine win for Cafc women who have made the transition to the 2nd tier so seemlessly. 5 wins out of 7 matches and a victory that was so similar to the game at the valley yesterday.
    Even 1st half where the B's had the better chances but getting the 2nd goal and then good game management by not giving the opposition a chance and a comfortable 3 points.
    Crystal Palace on Sunday 25th November at The Oakwood, Old Road, Crayford.
    £6 for Adults and £2 for old farts folk.
  • Hi All

On November 25th we play Crystal Palace at The Oakwood (VCD Athletic) Crayford and we need your help to pack out the ground.

We would love as many fans as possible to come down to the game whether this is your first women's game or a regular one, and who knows maybe even get our largest attendance since we reformed in 2007 (I need to check before anyone asks what this is!)

The team have won four out of four home league games so far and against a local rival it should be a good game.

We will be putting on activities for children and families and will have many Charlton guests including men's players.

There will be a mini game pre-match as well with a popular Charlton group attending with more details being announced soon.

Schools, football teams, sports groups etc can get free tickets for the match and more details can be found here

Thank you and if as many people can spread the word and come along it would make the day a big success.

• Beating Palarse 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• @LouisMend I was standing right by the linesman, he was actually saying it was a shirt pull. Convinced he was a palace fan, 3 times in the second half he said well done to their player.
  • T_C_E said:

Oh go on please tell me..........
    it was Denise in the last minute? ;)

Sorry it was Charley
  • The picture of the players are celebrating I presume that stand behind them is closed to spectators
  • Its open, just most people tend to sit in the stand opposite. Think the attendance was 451.
  • Nearly as good as beating Millwall this. Well done gals.
  • edited November 2018
    What's the difference between Cafc men's and women's team ?
    Cafc women's team beat Palace and Millwall.
    In the second half Palace played 6 at the back and a high line and the Croydon linesman kept putting his flag up. (Most of the time correctly)
    With Kit Graham, the striker injured in training Charlton ran the game but couldn't break down a dogged defence after their 1st half goal. On the stroke of HT palace scored from a corner.
    In the 2nd half Palace parked a limo at the back and relied on their friendly linesman to do his duty, while Charlton had a myriad of attacks which came to naught.
    But this Cafc team started to find gaps and deep into injury time had a free kick on the edge of the area. With a bit of pin ball the ball found it way into the net, the mandatory flag went up, but the best ref I've seen all season ran across to the assistant, heard his reason and had the balls to overrule him.
    The ref blew the final whistle without kicking off.
    The Palace players, management and fans turned Ugly, while the Charlton girls went ape.
    The prolific Liz Ejupi with the 1st and supersub Charlie Clifford with the winner.

Had great chat with Lyle Taylor about his attempt to emulate John Motson, playing for Monserrat against Aruba and the Greenwich hospital he was born in being knocked down. A real character on and off the pitch.
  • Charlton third so outside the two promotion places, just behind the two heavy weight sides, Man U and Spurs.

Millwall bottom, place 2nd bottom