Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• That’s sad RIP
  • A legend in his sport and a natural entertainer

RIP
  • RIP

Used to enjoy it when I occasionally happened across his late night programme.
  • I met him on the wensum after I'd fished a match. Lovely man watched all his programmes after meeting him. RIP
  • RIP - Used to really enjoy his fishing programmes
  • RIP, The man was a legend, sad as I was reading an article the other day saying his fishing complex in Thailand was up for sale and he was hoping to move back to the UK.
  • Not a fishing person, but JW's show was a must see. RIP.
  • RIP JW, loved your fishing shows when I was a kid
  • Remember getting Weirpool Magic and Deep Sea Wrecking on VHS, one Christmas off me mum and dad - RIP "Wilson"
  • Sponsored links:

• This is a very sad day for angling. Met John a few times. Will never forget that laugh or they way he enjoyed being with nature. We have lost a legend. Tight lines in the sky.RIP
  • RIP John, no more hearing the words 'were in'.
  • Never a fan of his fishing style myself but he was a great ambassador for angling and will be surely missed
    Rip john
  • He fished the river kennet a few years ago, which isn't far from me. My mate is a bailiff on the stretch he fished.

Said he was a nice guy although a bit arrogant. He also said the stretch was closed a few days before he visited and was pre-baited.
  • He fished the river kennet a few years ago, which isn't far from me. My mate is a bailiff on the stretch he fished.

Said he was a nice guy although a bit arrogant. He also said the stretch was closed a few days before he visited and was pre-baited.

They always pre bait mate, otherwise it would be called "Gone Blanking with John Wilson"

They always pre bait mate, otherwise it would be called "Gone Blanking with John Wilson"
    Yes assumed they did. Its like when you see them fishing on a big lake in the middle of summer, they are the only ones on it.... Wish i could have that lol.
  • RIP John you brought fishing to the masses.