Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad loser excuses. Best yet.

Comments

• Phil Taylor is well known to have done the same.
  • edited November 2018
    Fartsatdarts Gate!
  • Using ‘We want to concentrate on the league’ instead of ‘we are shit’, ‘we play like a bunch of numpties that don’t care’ or ‘their players and manager are better than ours’ ?
  • buckshee said:

Phil Taylor is well known to have done the same.

Taylor was also known to not wash for days before a tournament. Bit of a skank really
  • My own personal experience from the early eighties, as I recall: I was 4th match official West Ham v Sheff Utd near the end of the season. Dave Bassett was Sheff U manager. It was also the centenery year of Sheff Utd and they presented commemorative ties to match officials.

West Ham hammered Sheff U 5-1 and Bassett came storming into our dressing room after the game to complain that the 3rd goal was offside. He was beside himself with rage and needless to say, we match officials went home without said ties.

On a more positive note, when I was 4th official for Charlton's first game back at The Valley against Pompey, we were given a momento of a glass paperweight, which is now in the possession of my proud stepson.
  • PeterGage said:

My own personal experience from the early eighties, as I recall: I was 4th match official West Ham v Sheff Utd near the end of the season. Dave Bassett was Sheff U manager. It was also the centenery year of Sheff Utd and they presented commemorative ties to match officials.

West Ham hammered Sheff U 5-1 and Bassett came storming into our dressing room after the game to complain that the 3rd goal was offside. He was beside himself with rage and needless to say, we match officials went home without said ties.

On a more positive note, when I was 4th official for Charlton's first game back at The Valley against Pompey, we were given a momento of a glass paperweight, which is now in the possession of my proud stepson.

Are you allowed to be an official at the team you support?
  • Gary, you require...clean underpants
  • edited November 2018
    ads said:

PeterGage said:

My own personal experience from the early eighties, as I recall: I was 4th match official West Ham v Sheff Utd near the end of the season. Dave Bassett was Sheff U manager. It was also the centenery year of Sheff Utd and they presented commemorative ties to match officials.

Are you allowed to be an official at the team you support?
    Not now. Upon joining the Football League Officials List, you have to state the team you support. You would not be allocated to a game that your team is involved in
  • edited November 2018
    PeterGage said:

How did you contain yourself when we scored?
  • Sponsored links:

• PeterGage said:

Ready to add as many minutes injury time if we'd been losing, and sending their entire bench to the stands
  • I do hope they get to the bottom of it.
  • The pitch was too sandy.

Oh wait, er hold on scrap that one.
  • PeterGage said:

I didnt contain myself. I jumped out of my seat, about 3 seats from AC, and punched the air !
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46245993

Smells a bit iffy that one.

Gary Anderson said, he's shit does not stink