Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Switzerland v Belgium

Half time there in the Nations League...

Switzerland needed to win the match by two goals to win their group ahead of Belgium.

Belgium went 2-0 up early, Switzerland now lead 3-2.

One more goal for the home team and Belgium are out.

Should be a tense second half.

Comments

• Options
    Having been quite sceptical about this Nations league it’s turned out an alright watch!
  • Options
    WOW

4-2 to Switzerland.

Now Belgium must score to win the group.
  • Options
    Balls didnt bother watching as thought it would be a formality... England / Portugal / Switzerland / Netherlands or France could be a damned interesting line up of games
  • Options

Balls didnt bother watching as thought it would be a formality... England / Portugal / Switzerland / Netherlands or France could be a damned interesting line up of games

Still 15 minutes to play and Belgium are pressing...
  • Options
    5-2 to the Swiss!! Hat trick for Sefarovic.
  • Options
    Some goal that mate
  • Options
    Roll on the 2020/21 format now

Going to be pressure on Euro 2020 Qualifying to try and excite fans like this has done as imagine people will slowly get even more tired of seeing Germany thrashing Malta etc.
  • Options
    I am struggling to understand why Nations League relegation is a bad thing since it makes qualification for the next Euros easier against weaker opponents (assuming you don’t qualify the old fashioned way)
  • Options
    FT 5-2. Switzerland are going to Portugal.
  • Options

I am struggling to understand why Nations League relegation is a bad thing since it makes qualification for the next Euros easier against weaker opponents (assuming you don’t qualify the old fashioned way)

Because it'll also affect your FIFA Ranking when you play against lesser ranked sides... It'll not just mean that you'll be put into harder qualifying groups yet also harder Groups in the actual competition

i.e. If Poland had stayed in Group A they'd have stood a chance of being seeded for the Euros like they were for the World Cup (which gave them a damned easy Group on paper) yet wont get the luxury of that now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result, hope it spoilt Roland’s day.
  • Options
    I think something else spoiled his day ... On Sunday's frontpage of one our most important newspapers a well known lawyer stated that everything RD touched wrt football, was a complete failure ... :)

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/belgisch-voetbal/vertenten-vecht-ontslag-aan-voor-arbeidsrechtbank-advocaat-rieder-haalt-uit-naar-duchatelet-alles-wat-hij-in-het-voetbal-deed-is-mislukt~ae97c447/
  • Options
    Did not see this one coming. 5-2? What a result for Switzerland. Belgium's golden generation flailing.
  • Options
    They were missing key players but looked very fragile.
  • Options
    Roland out!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Did not see this one coming. 5-2? What a result for Switzerland. Belgium's golden generation flailing.

This loss and the scale of it really surprised me. They remind me of the Dutch in the '70s, fantastic players but never win the big prizes.
    When they click, it some of the best football I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Missing last night:

Vertonghen
    Vermaelen
    Fellaini
    Dembele
    De Bruyne
    Lukaku

Most sides in the world would miss that lot.
  • Options
    True
  • Options

Missing last night:

Vertonghen
    Vermaelen
    Fellaini
    Dembele
    De Bruyne
    Lukaku

Most sides in the world would miss that lot.

They certainly did.