Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VOTV 147

@AirmanBrown is on absolutely top form with his editorial and his dissection of RD's claims in the interview with Jim White. He perfectly captures the sense of victimhood and pathetic need to be loved by the masses which many of us have started to observe in Duchatelet.

It's worth buying just for those two. It would be nice to think that the editorial will quickly become an epitaph to his miserable 'stewardship' of our club

Comments

• Elsewhere the Steve ‘Sunderland’ spelling looked odd unless it’s an in joke I don’t get.
  • Elsewhere the Steve ‘Sunderland’ spelling looked odd unless it’s an in joke I don’t get.

It is, a very old gag, although I cannot remember its origin

I think I remember this spelling from the late 80’s version of the voice, when contractually @Suthers had to have his photo included in every issue, we’ll thats what Tugboat told me one time I was in the club shop :wink:
  • Should have been, "Duluded".
  • Should have been, "Duluded".

Huh?
  • Fumbluff said:

Elsewhere the Steve ‘Sunderland’ spelling looked odd unless it’s an in joke I don’t get.

I think I remember this spelling from the late 80’s version of the voice, when contractually @Suthers had to have his photo included in every issue, we’ll thats what Tugboat told me one time I was in the club shop :wink:
    I think the origin was a misspelling in Steve’s own NewsShopper column in the late 1980s, along with Arnie Watkins for Arnie Warren (general manager).

Evidently the paper typed in the piece from a hard copy at the time, which was a process prone to mistakes if the task was rushed and nobody involved knew the accurate version. But it did give the inadvertent impression that the author didn’t know his own name.
  • 'Wilder was put off by hostility on Charlton Life'.

Is that his excuse next week when Fury beats him?
  • I see the cover has a cut out pin up picture for the bedroom wall.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I see the cover has a cut out pin up picture for the bedroom wall. dart board

Fixed that for you, Seth :)
  • Mike Head, asked if anyone out there saw Hans Jepson play, I saw him play his final game for us, against Portsmouth, I was only 6 at the time, and cant remember that much about it, but I remember that he had to catch a boat straight after the game
  • Another good, interesting issue.
  • seth plum said:

I see the cover has a cut out pin up picture for the bedroom wall.

Oh Seth, I shudder to think.....