Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

James Maddison

Has to get some credit
Has come out after the game and apologised for diving(Zaha should take a leaf out of his book haha)

Yes he shouldnt have dived in the 1st place but as I say he deserves credit for apologizing

Comments

• This was what he said

Apologies to everyone for what happened today. Nobody wants to see diving in our beautiful game. I was anticipating contact that never came, but that’s no excuse. It’s a mistake and I will learn from it. Lads showed fantastic fight and determination to get us back in the game and go home with a more than deserved point.
  • I like the fact he's admitted it

Nice he's apologised at the same time but nothing worse on the pitch when you see a player has clearly done something yet continue to claim their innocence
  • He is known to be someone who falls over easy.
  • Shame Eden Hazard doesnt take a leaf from Maddison's book. Diving slag.
  • Wonder if he'd be apologising if the ref had bought his dive
  • Didnt realize he had been sent off which is probably why he apolgised haha

Stupid to dive when u already have a yellow
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Shame Eden Hazard doesnt take a leaf from Maddison's book. Diving slag.

No dive from him today though, that was a stonewall pen!
  • Croydon said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Shame Eden Hazard doesnt take a leaf from Maddison's book. Diving slag.

No dive from him today though, that was a stonewall pen!
    No arguments about the pen, I'm referring to the one 5-10 mins after when he threw himself to the floor and punched the ground in frustration. Thats was a blatant dive.
  • Wonder if he'd be apologising if the ref had bought his dive

Quite. He’s not sorry he dived, he’s sorry he got caught.
    Maybe. But how many people come out and apologise even when caught or shamed by the media? I'm with Paulie, find it quite refreshing despite the fact it was bloody stupid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw this thread and thought oh no! what’s he done now.
  • What he said is that he anticipated a touch, which is what happens in many penalties that are given and aren't considered to be dives. They don't fall over because of the impact of the foul.
  • What he said is that he anticipated a touch, which is what happens in many penalties that are given and aren't considered to be dives. They don't fall over because of the impact of the foul.

I imagine a lot of players go down in anticipation to try and protect themselves, meaning they can control their landing rather than having no time to prepare which can potentially lead to dislocated shoulders etc.
  • Maddison is one of the most fouled/targeted players in the prem .. perhaps he is following the advice of (e.g.) Michael Owen ..I paraphrase: 'unless you fall over especially in the area after a foul, you just won't get the free kick or penalty' .. perhaps Maddison has taken this advice too far, however, perhaps referees should offer clever playmakers better protection.
    This season both live and on the telly I have seen obvious cases where teams take turns amongst their players to foul and intimidate the player in the opposition judged to be the most dangerous/creative. Taking a yellow card 'for the team' is bollocks and too often goes beyond the bounds of acceptance. Far too often the yellow card should be red