Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flags

Last night Burton provided hooks on the back wall for people to hang their flags. I know several of us have mentioned this before for the Valley as there is no where to hang them.

Lots of people now have flags and spend a lot of money on them so it would be good if we could have somewhere to hang them.

Between the north upper and lower would be ideal. Who is it we would need to talk to?

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Issue with flags is they have to check for fire ratings etc I’ve got one but don’t take it as it’s agg to carry hasn’t even had an outing yet it’s hanging in the garage.

• cabbie8 said:

Last night Burton provided hooks on the back wall for people to hang their flags. I know several of us have mentioned this before for the Valley as there is no where to hang them.

Lots of people now have flags and spend a lot of money on them so it would be good if we could have somewhere to hang them.

Between the north upper and lower would be ideal. Who is it we would need to talk to?

I doubt the club would let you hang then between the upper and the lower for fear it or something else might be dropped on the people below whislt attaching or removing it. Also as PH has said all flags have to be a certain size and have a fire rating certificate before they can taken into the ground never mind hung up.

It is all a load of bollocks I know but a lot of this was rushed in to stop the banners being displayed about the owners and their antics.
  • Issue with flags is they have to check for fire ratings etc I’ve got one but don’t take it as it’s agg to carry hasn’t even had an outing yet it’s hanging in the garage.

Looks like the garage has been flattened.
  • I think the main issue will be covering advertising. Most flags come with a fire safety certificate these days and if not, you can send them off to be treated with a fire retardent solution and then get a certificate after.

Majority of grounds will require anything over 2m to have a certificate and some will ask you to email them ahead of the matchday to confirm it's ok. But no ground will let you cover adverts and from memory the upper/lower North divide is just one big ad.

I bought a new one recently, only 5ftx3ft, and the first outing will be Blackpool away
    CAFC.jpg 139.1K
  • @paulie8290 is a professional at getting flags :) oh wait...
  • @paulie8290 is a professional at getting flags :) oh wait...

Dont be jel
  • Fire regs aside, you've got more chance of a wank off the pope than the current CAFC regime entertaining any fan led notion, however well conceived or intentioned.
    There's a few uses to which all these flags could be well put...
  • We can't afford water or Cornflakes, let alone these hooks that you speak of.
  • Just had a flag delivered from Barmy Flags and it is fire approved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

We can't afford water or Cornflakes, let alone these hooks that you speak of.

At Leeds that have Sky hooks because they on TV so much, we have just a long wait for Roland to sell.
  • Any ideas where u can get a fire certificate locally? Brought my flag before it came into force