Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What Position Most Needs An Upgrade In The Next Transfer Window?

I doubt we will do much but sell our best players in the next window, but if we could upgrade one position, which should it be? And who is likely available that might fit the bill as a good transfer?

Comments

• stonemuse said:

Owner

Rich Owner.
  • Halix said:

stonemuse said:

Owner

Rich Owner.
    Really rich owner
  • It partially depends on when the medium term injured players - Page, Cullen and Igor - return. Another LB would be nice, but with Cullen out and Bielik struggling in that role, maybe a replacement for him would be more important now. Ditto, we seem one striker short without Igor
  • Didnt we have a thread like this the other day haha
  • It partially depends on when the medium term injured players - Page, Cullen and Igor - return. Another LB would be nice, but with Cullen out and Bielik struggling in that role, maybe a replacement for him would be more important now. Ditto, we seem one striker short without Igor

This.

A left back will be coming in, but they’ll be second choice behind Page when fit, but of course good enough to start if he’s not.

Dependent on Igor and actually whether Ward stays or not, a striker is one position I think Bows might want to bring in. Unfortunately Ajose doesn’t seem like he’s ever going to really do it for us and even though we have a fantastic partnership in Taylor and Grant, another striker will help. Same thing happened when we won League One, we brought in Haynes to push us on that bit more.
  • Sage said:

It partially depends on when the medium term injured players - Page, Cullen and Igor - return. Another LB would be nice, but with Cullen out and Bielik struggling in that role, maybe a replacement for him would be more important now. Ditto, we seem one striker short without Igor

This.

A left back will be coming in, but they’ll be second choice behind Page when fit, but of course good enough to start if he’s not.

Dependent on Igor and actually whether Ward stays or not, a striker is one position I think Bows might want to bring in. Unfortunately Ajose doesn’t seem like he’s ever going to really do it for us and even though we have a fantastic partnership in Taylor and Grant, another striker will help. Same thing happened when we won League One, we brought in Haynes to push us on that bit more.
    There is no similarity between our situation then, and what it is now. I'll be happy if we have the same squad on Feb 1 as we do now.
  • edited November 2018
    drewman said:

There is no similarity between our situation then, and what it is now. I'll be happy if we have the same squad on Feb 1 as we do now.

I am not saying there’s any similarity between the situations other than giving an example that we bought in Haynes when we had Yann and BWP scoring goals, it pushed us on to another level. If we could bring in another striker to help Taylor and Grant, it will also push us to another level.
  • A back up striker to Taylor. If he gets injured & is out gor any length of time you can kiss goodbye to the play offs.
  • A back up striker to Taylor. If he gets injured & is out gor any length of time you can kiss goodbye to the play offs.

I am sure we can find a backup striker for little or nothing. But probably not a good one. Why would a good striker sign for Charlton only to be a backup? A good striker will start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another shout for left back.
  • New vol au vent taster
  • If it had to be one and one only it would be a left back as otherwise if Page is out (again) it means playing someone out of position. Ideally an older head who can be a good example without being overly concerned about playing time but fills in as needed.
  • thenewbie said:

If it had to be one and one only it would be a left back as otherwise if Page is out (again) it means playing someone out of position. Ideally an older head who can be a good example without being overly concerned about playing time but fills in as needed.

A left footed version of Andy Hughes would be perfect.
  • Left-Back / Ward on an extended loan (or even better permanent) / backup Striker to Taylor
  • Danny Greens house.
  • Left back and Defensive midfielder is the absolute minimum, subject to us not losing anyone else.
  • Left-Back / Ward on an extended loan (or even better permanent) / backup Striker to Taylor

this, and if being greedy a replacement for Cullen / JFC...but that may be a stretch too far
  • Also need to ensure we've got cover if we were to lose Jed Steer

Am sure Phillips could still play but we dont want to play the final few months with just Maynard-Brewer as backup; ideally would be good to send the young Aussie out on loan somewhere