Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BT Sport or SkySport

Talktalk have finally fitted my WIFI in my new property although there is an issue on the line which means I wont have WIFI till 17th December.

Anyway when it is all up and running I was considering at the Sports Bundle to my package, however I have just noticed BT Sports is now available on TalkTalk.

Which is better for Football, which would get me more games.

I am between the 2, I like MLS although the season is finished and thats only on skysports, also little things like the soccer sixes and the Snooker Shootout, and Darts World Championships are all on Sky.

What would I get with BT Sports and as I said which is better

Comments

• I have got both, I prefer Skysports but I am a big cricket fan, I mainly watch BTsports for the premier and champions league football.
  • For football Go for BT. No La Liga anymore on sky. BT has all champions league,europa league and about 40 odd premier league games. Plus french and german football. Gutted Italian has gone now but still good value
  • Better commentators on Sky, far less scousers than BT.
  • Got BT Sport, with Now TV to access Sky on an as and when basis. Works for me.

Sky don't seem to have adjusted their prices to reflect the loss of the Champions League a few years ago and the loss of La Liga last year. Not signing up with them until they cut their prices to reflect the poorer offering.
  • Talktalk have finally fitted my WIFI in my new property although there is an issue on the line which means I wont have WIFI till 17th December.

Anyway when it is all up and running I was considering at the Sports Bundle to my package, however I have just noticed BT Sports is now available on TalkTalk.

I am between the 2, I like MLS although the season is finished and thats only on skysports, also little things like the soccer sixes and the Snooker Shootout, and Darts World Championships are all on Sky.

Its worth talking to someone you know (friend/family etc.) that have sky, you can then ask to use one of their Sky Go devices for your laptop/tablet etc and give them £5 a month or something, I dont have sky but i have sky go that I just play through my PS4 on the TV, saves me about £60/70 a month
  • Talktalk have finally fitted my WIFI in my new property although there is an issue on the line which means I wont have WIFI till 17th December.

Its worth talking to someone you know (friend/family etc.) that have sky, you can then ask to use one of their Sky Go devices for your laptop/tablet etc and give them £5 a month or something, I dont have sky but i have sky go that I just play through my PS4 on the TV, saves me about £60/70 a month
    Haha you would actually need friends/family for that, sadly I have neither
  • Depends on your viewing habits, I’m more inclined to watch the Sunday Premier League matches than midweek Champions League games so Sky is better for me.
  • Cheer up, it will soon be Christmas
  • I originally had BT and really missed the Sunday PL games. Switched to Sky and really miss the Champions League games.

When my Sky contract comes up I'm just going to go with whichever of the two is cheapest. With the competition between the two you get 50% of the content but the price has never been lowered to reflect that.
  • MrLargo said:

Got BT Sport, with Now TV to access Sky on an as and when basis. Works for me.

Sky don't seem to have adjusted their prices to reflect the loss of the Champions League a few years ago and the loss of La Liga last year. Not signing up with them until they cut their prices to reflect the poorer offering.

When my Sky contract was last up I did a fairly thorough benchmark with Sky, BT and Virgin and Sky were able to offer me the near deal - £80 a month for Sky Q (which is pretty good), Sky Sports, their top broadband product and telephone line rental.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm with virgin. Got both sky sports and by sport with 100mb fibre broadband for 70 quid a month
  • Does BT have Babestation?
  • Id stick with SKY myself... but then again I primarily watch the Premier League and Football League when its on

If they do , it's certainly not where I work here, in Sevenoaks.

They have a different version called Dial-up Debauchery
  • BT hardware is some of the worse, particularly their TV box.
  • edited December 2018
    Sack them both off & just stream any sports you want to watch. Plenty of streaming sites available. Haven't had sky sports for years now, but I've never missed a sporting event I wanted to watch
  • if you can afford it, both, if only one, then depends if you like prem football, US sports (baseball, basketball)/Rugby, go for BT .. like cricket, Gridiron Football, champ football, then sky
  • I understand that next year Sky will be having the Champions league on board, anyway Sky for me.
  • Greenie said:

I understand that next year Sky will be having the Champions league on board, anyway Sky for me.

The deal BT agreed last year runs until 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Get the BT sports and then get Now TV for the Sky matches/sports events - day pass.
  • Got both for football, I have little interest in other sports offered and for me sky are best. BT hiked their prices up considerably over the last few years to the point I phoned last year to cancel but got a deal for £15 per year, still expensive but better than paying full whack.
  • se9addick said:

MrLargo said:

Got BT Sport, with Now TV to access Sky on an as and when basis. Works for me.

When my Sky contract was last up I did a fairly thorough benchmark with Sky, BT and Virgin and Sky were able to offer me the near deal - £80 a month for Sky Q (which is pretty good), Sky Sports, their top broadband product and telephone line rental.
    Don't have a need for Sky Q so can't really judge the monetary value of that, but got Fibre optic BT Broadband, phone line and BT Sport for £37 a month, a 9 month Now TV Sky Sports deal that works out at £15 a month and Eleven Sports for £6 a month. And I can ditch the latter two over the summer when there's no football on.
  • Got both for football, I have little interest in other sports offered and for me sky are best. BT hiked their prices up considerably over the last few years to the point I phoned last year to cancel but got a deal for £15 per year, still expensive but better than paying full whack.

£15 a year? Or do you mean £15 a month?

Not being picky - just wondering when my contract comes to an end what I can push for.
  • No contest for me. Sky all the way....but I'm a big cricket & golf fan. I have both but really only have BT sport for the Premiership games & some CL (knockout games mostly).

£15 a year? Or do you mean £15 a month?

Not being picky - just wondering when my contract comes to an end what I can push for.
    Sorry, that should have been a month!
  • I am wondering if BT have had as much success from this as they expected?
    I always thought they were taking something of a risk.....the fact that they found themselves hiking the price significantly not so long ago suggests to me that I may be right.
    Just have a sneaking feeling that all may not be well at BT......which may bode well for the future.....Mmmmm I wonder?
  • I am wondering if BT have had as much success from this as they expected?
    I always thought they were taking something of a risk.....the fact that they found themselves hiking the price significantly not so long ago suggests to me that I may be right.
    Just have a sneaking feeling that all may not be well at BT......which may bode well for the future.....Mmmmm I wonder?

SKY hike their prices all the time.

BT make bottom line £3 billion a year (double the profitability of SKY) and they will be in it for the long run. Also bare in mind that satellite TV is not their bread and butter - the future of sports broadcasting is very likely to be in streaming services and BT have a bit of an interest in that!!

If I was going to invest in either (I'm not advising that) it would be BT over SKY.