Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Unusual meal additions

So went for a Toby Carvery breakfast yesterday. As if two sausages, 2 bacon, fried egg, scrambled egg, mushrooms, beans, potatoes, 3 toast and jam wasn’t enough, they lob a Jumbo Yorkshire Pudding in for good measure.

Was gorgeous but there was definitely part of me that felt a filthy wrong un having a yorkie with breakfast.

Agreed?

Any meals anyone else has something unusual with?

Comments

• It's a northern thing. They have jam on Yorkshires.
  • You can’t have a Yorkshire with your breakfast. Australians eat chips with their fry up which is an abomination.
  • Always love vinegar on egg and bacon, but have received some very funny looks when asking for it.
  • So went for a Toby Carvery breakfast yesterday. As if two sausages, 2 bacon, fried egg, scrambled egg, mushrooms, beans, potatoes, 3 toast and jam wasn’t enough, they lob a Jumbo Yorkshire Pudding in for good measure.

Was gorgeous but there was definitely part of me that felt a filthy wrong un having a yorkie with breakfast.

Agreed?

Any meals anyone else has something unusual with?

What did you have for elevenses?
  • Stig said:

Always love vinegar on egg and bacon, but have received some very funny looks when asking for it.

I get funny looks when I ask for Worcestershire sauce to put on scrambled eggs.
  • Des O'Connor
  • edited December 2018

Des O'Connor

always found him a bit tasteless personally

edit - ironically I think this should be in the cheesy singer thread
  • edited December 2018

Stig said:

Always love vinegar on egg and bacon, but have received some very funny looks when asking for it.

I have to have vinegar with bacon and asked the waitress for some yesterday. She come back with half a bottle poured into a small milk jug with a long coffee spoon for me to ‘serve’ it. Bizarre
    You're having vinegar on bacon and it's the serving receptacle that is bizarre? :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

I have to have vinegar with bacon and asked the waitress for some yesterday. She come back with half a bottle poured into a small milk jug with a long coffee spoon for me to ‘serve’ it. Bizarre
    You're having vinegar on bacon and it's the serving receptacle that is bizarre? :smile:
    It was only a few years ago I discovered vinegar with bacon was a rarity and not the norm
  • Salt, vinegar and pepper all over a full english is normal procedure isn’t it?
  • Salt, vinegar and pepper all over a full english is normal procedure isn’t it?

• Stig said:

I get funny looks when I ask for Worcestershire sauce to put on scrambled eggs.
    I do the same - good additon.
  • Stig said:

It was only a few years ago I discovered vinegar with bacon was a rarity and not the norm
    My missus also has vinegar on bacon.

So, so wrong.
  • It's a northern thing. They have jam on Yorkshires.

my cockney grandma loved a bit of jam on her Yorkshire pud, hot or cold .. I put a peeled and cored Bramley apple in with a home made beef stew .. adds a delicious bite of both sweet and sour .. y'all should try it
  • edited December 2018
    My mate Dave from Hull used to sprinkle his old JT with chip spice as a little treat for his missus.
  • PopIcon said:

My mate Dave from Hull used to sprinkle his old JT with chip spice as a little treat for his missus.

less sticky than Nutella
  • PopIcon said:

Proper romantic that.
  • The cheese course in a meal. I love cheese, but can't see the point in a cheese course in a meal
  • Sponsored links:

Is in my house, though the vinegar is only for the bacon and tinned tomatoes
  • PopIcon said:

never mind about jam on Yorkie pud .. THAT is REAL Yorkshire ((:>)

Put vinegar in when making tuna mayo, along with loads of pepper.
  • My grandparents were Scots and whenever I used to stay they would put gravy on a fried breakfast. And I thought I was the only one who likes vinegar on bacon and eggs but clearly not
  • yorkshire pud's fine with brekkie, it's just pancake mix cooked differently. no stranger than having scrambled eggs instead of fried

Worcester Sauce is nice on tinned tomatoes too
  • Jam on Yorkshires is nice
  • Vinegar on a full English is a red card in my book, just wrong.
  • Sauerkraut served with roast turkey here, always think it's weird.

Put vinegar in when making tuna mayo, along with loads of pepper.
    I also have it with tuna.

I reckon I stink of vinegar