Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

arsenal v wigan

anyone else watch(ing) this.
to think the 2 strikers, vela and simpson are 5 and 6 in the arsenal striker pecking order(behind adebayor, van persie, bendtnar and eduardo when fit).

Comments

• They are going to be some team when they grow up!
  • They're some team now!
  • Willshire is class
  • I think we should try to get any one or more of them on loan as they are all class.
  • Every year the same is said about Arsenal's kids, yet how many of them make it into the first 11?
  • How much of a blistering do you reckon Bruce is giving Boyce, Bramble et al for thinking twice about tackling them? They are gifted but got a pretty easy, I don't wanna get injured, ride from Wigans 25k a week men
  • This is an Arsenal reserve team comfortably beating a PREMIER league side, this is worrying as it undermines the premier league.

The press will have a field day with this result and it makes you wonder why it's so expensive to watch PREMIER league football.

I know it's only the Carling cup but we'd take any of these players on loan and they would improve our team.

Why can't we pick up these players instead of lurking around the non league and pouncing for loans and freebies.
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]I know it's only the Carling cup but we'd take any of these players on loan and they would improve our team.

I can just see them with the ball looking for someone to make a run, make space etc and........... nothing! Them getting caught in possession and people slagging them off. You must remember how Alan Simmonsen looked at times Badger?
  • Pretty much agree with Stone. You can lift all those players and stick them in ourside and they'd look rubbish.

They all share the same way of thinking how football should be played and while there is no denying they're a class acto together, I wonder how Vela would cope chasing long daignal hoofs down the pitch or Wiltshire with two strikers that have yet to make a decent run all season
  • I think you could see part of this when we had Alex Song on loan. There were certainly times he was playing what I'd call quality passes and the players around him didn't have a scooby where to be or run. I remember groans from the crowd at the fact the ball hadn't gone to feet or the recieving player didn't get there but I could see the quality on the passes.
    You wouldn't even put Song in the 5 most creative players in the young Arsenal side so I could see the same happening again only worse in this league!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Every year the same is said about Arsenal's kids, yet how many of them make it into the first 11?

Good point. Out of the current lot - clichy,fabregas,bender, sagna,walcot, denilson, were in that team that smashed liverpool at anfield 2-3 years ago.

So more than you think do get through.

I can;t see how the current crop won't - Sompson, vella, wilshire will without a doubt they are quality.
  • Plus those that don't get through, then come back to haunt them - Bentley for one. Any idea why the Gooner idiots were booing him the other week? If it's about the England U21 thing, it's a bit old hat; and if it's about leaving Arsenal after 5 years and only one appearance, well, they are even more uneducated than I thought...
  • More to do with him saying he's always supported Spurs when he first signed for them I think?
  • I think Song is too old for them and should return to The Valley
  • yer but if they dont make it then there are opportunities to pick up players who have had first class coaching.Steve Sidwell springs to mind also David Noble at Brizzle City.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]More to do with him saying he's always supported Spurs when he first signed for them I think?

Makes sense, but I wonder how many of them actually knew that? Most of them don't even know they used to play in Woolwich...
  • the arsenal production line/academy /scouting network is very impressive.... in all honesty imo, apart from jonjo, i can't see anything produced by us in reent times that will play with us or anyone else in the top half of the championship..
    we have some very ordinary players at the club hence our position
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]This is an Arsenal reserve team

probably not even half their reserve side in reality.
    arsenal forwards when fit used in the 1st team are any 2 from adebayor, van persie, bendtnar, eduardo.
    midfield is any 4 from denilson, walcott, diaby, fabregas, nasri, rosicky.
    defence any 4 from toure, gallas, silvestre, clichy, sagna, eboue.

using any 10 from that lot for 1st team means leaving 6 of them out. add song and djorou to that 6 would make up 8 outfield players that need reserve team football.
    probably only half them kids last night play regularly for the reserves.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the arsenal production line/academy /scouting network is very impressive.... in all honesty imo, apart from jonjo, i can't see anything produced by us in reent times that will play with us or anyone else in the top half of the championship..
    we have some very ordinary players at the club hence our position

But we do not have the contacts or resources available that they do, or for that matter the name to pull in young players from all over Europe. Looking at the football yearbook for last season, they had players from 11 countries who had either started their career with Arsenal, or are currently there but have not made a first team appearance yet. This includes 5 from France, 3 from Spain and 2 from Holland. It does not include the likes of Denilson, Diaby and Flamini (among others) who had only played a handful of games before coming to England.

Looking back to 03-04, there are 13 non English "youth players" in the yearbook who have never been heard of since. You cast your net wide enough (and have the cash to do so) you will pick a few winners...
  • I also thought it was funny that they played "Teenage Kicks" on the tannoy at the end of the gane.
  • Sponsored links:

• At the end the sky man was interviewing Simpson and Fabianski in the tunnel calling Fabianski the old man of the team at 23 and the usual old flannel and then he presented Fabianski with the man of the match champagne and said you can hold onto that, it's for Willshire but seeing as he is only 16 he can't touch it for a couple of years! Unreal!

Wenger also said he took him off not because of injury but because he should have been in bed, light humour from the demon headmaster
  • went 2 the game great stadium poor support,no singing untill they sung stand up if ur 2 nil up.
  • The youngsters did well no question but there is a big difference between a no pressure Carling Cup match and the expectations and pressure of a league match which is reflected in the attitude of the fans.

Therefore the Arsenal kids can do their stuff with no fear or inhibitions in the Carling Cup.

It's tempting to ask after that why, if Arsenal can play teenagers, Jonjo and Josh Wright can't play regularly. However The Valley is such a tense pressured place at the moment our youngsters will inevitably feel fear which ultimately could destroy them.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

It's tempting to ask after that why, if Arsenal can play teenagers, Jonjo and Josh Wright can't play regularly. However The Valley is such a tense pressured place at the moment our youngsters will inevitably feel fear which ultimately could destroy them.

The Valley is a difficult place now for even our experienced players to perform ...... so it's not the place for our youngsters to develop in the 1st team at the moment.

Send them out on loan to Division 1 clubs rather than see them crucified by supporters who won't tolerate their first misplaced pass.