Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Years Eve

edited December 2018 in Not Sports Related
What's your plans then folks?

We've got my mum and her husband here for dinner.

I've never really done anything on NYE meself, opting for one gargantuan piss up on New Years Day at the football and it's one of my Charlton mates birthdays on the 1st an all.

Whatever you're doing Happy New Year and here's to a healthy, RD free 2019

Comments

• Down my local, the Red Lion in Winfrith, normal village crowd and the no doubt the odd Grockel or two, bit of food, bit of music, loads of banter with too many Tangle Foots and Rums being quaffed.

All the best to one and all for 2019 and all being well some good news for our common love the Addicks.
  • Night in with some picky bits.

Not done much nye for sometime normally just a few beers in pub then curry with Mrs.

Doubt we will even make midnight.
  • I'll be at my Mum's. It's now the only time of the year that I remember I own a Wii and drag it out to play bowling and golf with the family. It gets quite competitive after a few drinks! Stop before midnight to watch the fireworks on TV.

Happy New Year!
  • Could be the first time in years that we will be staying in. Not too worried as we have been out virtually every night since Christmas Eve. There are plenty of alcoholic beverages in the house so won't go thirsty!
  • Watch TV with the Mrs and our 15 year old, by midnight I will be wishing I had gone to sleep earlier and will be moaning about the state of terrestrial tv.
  • Few pints with neighbours and the kids in the White Swan pm and then a quiet night in with the family so we can start 2019 in fine fettle. The days of getting hammered and struggling for hours to get home are long gone. Good luck to those traditionalists who are going for it.
  • I’ve never been too bothered about New Years Eve. We will probably visit friends, have a bit of garlic bread or anything else they have left that’s going out of date soon.
  • No interest in NYE whatsoever. Just a few beers and some food around the in-laws.
  • Cinema tonight to see The Favourite.
    Might pop into the Fox on the way home but more likely straight home a bit of telly and to bed after the New Year comes in.
    NYE not really a big thing to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going out for a meal about 7ish, then home to watch to watch a bit of Jools Holland.
    Hope everyone has a good one whatever you do.
  • down the local for a three course meal and a few drinks, will stay there to see in the New Year then home for a drunken dip in the hot-tub.

Happy 2019 everyone.
  • I’ve never been too bothered about New Years Eve. We will probably visit friends, have a bit of garlic bread or anything else they have left that’s going out of date soon.

Mate, you're welcome round mine any time with that attitude!
  • Have taken a trip from Madrid to Salamanca today to see the New Year in in a different place. Close to the border of Portugal and apparently there is a huge Portuguese invasion for tonight's celebrations. Should be fun! Happy New Year to all :)
  • edited December 2018
    Off to a friend’s house party in Greenwich laden with booze and party food. Fortunately just a drunken stagger away from home.

Happy New Year everyone
  • Going to bed early.
  • edited December 2018
    Going to greenwich in a bit for a walk around thr park then lunch.

Friends house tonight, will be the first time we’ll be awake at midnight for a few years.

Never been that bothered by it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Party in my pub, limited numbers and all regulars. Did it last year for the first time and it was brilliant.
  • Riviera said:

Party in my pub, limited numbers and all regulars. Did it last year for the first time and it was brilliant.

How does this work? Is it a private closed/ticketed party or do you have a TEN?
  • PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

Party in my pub, limited numbers and all regulars. Did it last year for the first time and it was brilliant.

We have a ballot, we limit to 60 people. Have a buffet and a Disco, clear lots of furniture and turn the Dorchester Room into a dancefloor. Shutters down.
  • Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

We have a ballot, we limit to 60 people. Have a buffet and a Disco, clear lots of furniture and turn the Dorchester Room into a dancefloor. Shutters down.
    I misread that as having a ballet.
    Which would be brilliantly different.
    Where's your pub?
  • Going to some friends locally and taking the kids.

I’m neither a fan of NYE or staying up past midnight these days but I’m trying to prove to the Mrs I’m not a Grinch.
  • iainment said:

Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

I misread that as having a ballet.
    Which would be brilliantly different.
    Where's your pub?
    Eltham
  • Is it one of those ballots where everyone goes in but if some of the less likeable locals get drawn, they go back in again?
  • edited December 2018
    iainment said:

Cinema tonight to see The Favourite.
    Might pop into the Fox on the way home but more likely straight home a bit of telly and to bed after the New Year comes in.
    NYE not really a big thing to me.

Which fox, the lewisham one? I used to work there in the mid to late 2000’s (when it was good).

I’m not sure if I’ll wander up to Hilly Fields or watch the fireworks on the telly instead, either way it’ll be a quiet one for me as I’m not really into all the NYE hoo-ha.
  • Riviera said:

PopIcon said:

Riviera said:

Love it Mike, great idea. What time do you throw people out?