Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Zabeel to buy West Ham

Just been told by my accountant he has heard Zabeel to buy West Ham by Xmas.Either this is boll**x,or they have done the dirty.He has very good connections within the club.

Comments

• I think this is Bollox mate as i heard that Zabeel are not interested in investing in Football for the forseeable future.
  • He's not West hams accountant is he?

Christ. He must be busy!
  • West Ham would cost them 3 or 4 times what they would have to shell out for Charlton so thats why i think its a no-go.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Just been told by my accountant he has heard Zabeel to buy West Ham by Xmas.Either this is boll**x,or they have done the dirty.He has very good connections within the club.

How many rumours has this guy given you and how many have come true?
  • quite a few told me week before charlton divulged it that Young had failed his medical there,hope is it bollox,but would be gutted if it wasn't.
  • Then there was the rumour that Varney would score on Saturday
  • now that is bollox
  • I dont beleive it but then again, i wouldnt be surprised.
  • i hope it is bollox and they go bust
  • edited November 2008
    Steve

for fecks sake you know how to make my fecking weekend enjoyable.

problem is the same bloke who told me Curbs was going to Westspam and Pardew to us in the October before it happened told me this on Monday

very very sad day
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]quite a few told me week before charlton divulged it that Young had failed his medical there,hope is it bollox,but would be gutted if it wasn't.

Which is different to what Richard Murray said at City Addicks
  • This could be good for us, I can't believe we would have entered into due diligence without some form of compensation agreement if they went to another club within a certain time frame. Assuming that clause exists we could see quite a few quid come our way should Zabeel go elsewhere.
  • why would there be such a clause RA? Oh if you dont buy us after going through our books we want you to pay us a some of money? confidentiality agreements of course but that? not so sure.
  • No one is likely to even want to touch West Ham whilst they've got this Sheffield United compensation thing hanging over their heads...
  • more to the point frankly I don't care who Zabeel buy, easy come easy go..
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]No one is likely to even want to touch West Ham whilst they've got this Sheffield United compensation thing hanging over their heads...

agree totally and from what RM said at CA I'd very much doubt it.
  • I heard from the former head of Regen at Lewisham council, that Millwall are Zabeel next option, so I'll worry even more Steve
  • on second thoughts were they to buy another club it would put therr's and more importantly our reputation in the shitter, so I guess it is a worry
  • Due Diligence at West Ham and Millwall will be fun.

They didn't buy us so time to move on unless they want to come back in.

Good article in this month's When Saturday Comes on the Zebeel deal falling thru by Tom Green, a Charlton fan.
  • What it may mean is DIC are reportedly back in for Liverpool due to the current economic climate in the US and as a result those at the Boleyn, who are desperate for a buyer, have put the story about to try to catch DIC on the rebound if the deal fails.

However there are those of us who thought the following, at the time of Zabeel's last minute turn around;

Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum owns 0ver 99% of Dubai Holding of which DIC is the international investment arm.
    Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum is supposedly the money behind Zabeel and is the son of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

If the Liverpool deal is back on and Zabeel where to have continued with Charlton then potentialy two members of the same family would then own two English Football Clubs. Hence the reason they pulled out at the last minute.

All conjecture of course but alternatively and continuing with my conspiracy theorist head on. If the rumours with Zabeel are as strong as is being reported.
    a deal may have been brokered with the Premier League to sanction a two club deal by ignoring the ownership status of Zabeel, but only if the other deal involved West Ham.

Just off to watch re-runs of the Twighlight Zone!!!!!!! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• If I owned a company and somebody was doing due diligence I would want guarantees in writing they weren't then going to buy a competitor and use that info. So I'd want the contract to state they can't take over anybody else, or have large penalties written in to discourage it (the later is more likely as if an investor wants to size up a number of options they wouldn't agree to the former)
  • If this is true - wait untill they start investigating the books at West Ham.

They'll come running back to us faster that you can say dodgy east end dealings....
  • Doesn't sound likely to me given Jabeel's statements. Maybe it's another Arab Group. I would mention though that sayiing it won't happen whilst the Sheff Utd thing is still unresolved is not necessarily the case. It could be that the Icelanders agree to drop the price by £30 -£40M, then the problem is resolved. It's all in the negotiation.
  • Hope its not true, but....

The biscuit man needs to get rid of the spammers any way he can; meaning that he may sell it at a huge loss (including protection against debts incurred if the Tevez thing goes against them) so he can salvage what little he can from the deal and take it back to Iceland.

If this is so, it may an offer that is too attractive to turn down, even with the Tevez factor.

Still, I hope its bollocks. I wouldn't be happy at the Zabeel lot if it turns out to be true - how big a bunch of lying twats would they look then?