Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How do you guys quote?

edited January 2007 in Troubleshooting
How do you quote so nicely in a little yellow box pls?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]How do you quote so nicely in a little yellow box pls?

Click on the word quote on the upper right of the post and hey presto
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]How do you quote so nicely in a little yellow box pls?

format comments as bbcode,copy what you want (left click mouse and drag over words so that they are highlighted blue) then use the quote tab. everything will look really ugly but rights itself when you add your comments
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]How do you quote so nicely in a little yellow box pls?[/quote]

Click on the word[i]q[u]uote[/u][/i]on the upper right of the post and hey presto[/quote]

Like this?
  • Didn't work. No yellow box!
  • Ignore me, I know nothing about IT. Listen to Peaky's Rocket who's obviously an IT geek ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]How do you quote so nicely in a little yellow box pls?

format comments as bbcode,copy what you want then use the quote tab. everything will look really ugly but rights itself when you add your comments
    Did this work?
  • Still got more than I wanted.
  • format comments as bbcode,copy what you want (left click mouse and drag over words) then use the quote tab. everything will look really ugly but rights itself when you add your comments[/quote]

Any good?
  • I'm doing the copy thing but still getting ALL the text
  • edited January 2007
    Whatever you want to quote, surround it by quote tages like this (select BBCode to make sure the code renders in yellow):

[quote] Content yada yada [/quote]

So, if you use the quote button on the right upper of every comment, then you can remove the bits between the quote tages that you don't want.

I'm going to look at ways to make this easy peasy in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]i tried to comment on the director thread that got hijacked to say that i thought you were doing an excellent job and to keep it up,but thread got killed during me writing it.ands also not to let those who snipe at you get to you as i feel whatever you achieve would never be enough or acknowledged and that they have a very different agenda to most normal people.

Cheers Peakey's, much appreciated. As you say some people will never be happy and in fact don't want to be happy. Constructive criticism I can live with and actually welcome but the rest I just have let go. It's really their problem not mine.

The real shame is that it will put off good potential candidates from standing next time around but the people who snipe are too selfish and ignorant to think of that.

I take it back about ypu being a geek as well!!!
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]i tried to comment on the director thread that got hijacked to say that i thought you were doing an excellent job and to keep it up,but thread got killed during me writing it.ands also not to let those who snipe at you get to you as i feel whatever you achieve would never be enough or acknowledged and that they have a very different agenda to most normal people.

Cheers Peakey's, much appreciated. As you say some people will never be happy and in fact don't want to be happy. Constructive criticism I can live with and actually welcome but the rest I just have let go. It's really their problem not mine.

The real shame is that it will put off good potential candidates from standing next time around but the people who snipe are too selfish and ignorant to think of that.

I take it back about ypu being a geek as well!!!
    Just to put the record straight, I didn't say the job you were doing was bad, I just thought the posistion is a bit of a nothing. We have had three or four before and I do not know of anything in particular anyone has achieved.
    I am sure you'll let us know your aspirations and when you reach them.
    If I came across a little nasty,I'm sorry, but your snipes at ID annoy me. Let's agree to disagree on that one!
  • Davey,

OK, let's disagree about ID.

The previous SDs choose not to publicise what they did. Maybe they were right to keep their heads down but I said before I was elected that one of the things I wanted to do was communicate more and make more people aware of the role. I think I've done that. With what other club could you have a chat with a director like this?

As I said, the article sets out what I've done so far. I'm happy to be judged on that. However as Peakey says some people seem to have unrealistic expectations of the what the role is about or what it could ever be. It may be limited but half a loaf is better than no loaf at all.

Cheers

Ben
  • edited January 2007
    Serious point here, does this mean you've now got this quoting larky licked DJDD???
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Serious point here, does this mean you've now got this quoting larky licked DJDD???[/quote]

was wondering that myself! testing testing one two three
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]How do you quote so nicely in a little yellow box pls?[/quote]

format comments as bbcode,copy what you want (left click mouse and drag over words so that they are highlighted blue) then use the quote tab. everything will look really ugly but rights itself when you add your comments[/quote]
  • [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]

format comments as bbcode,copy what you want (left click mouse and drag over words so that they are highlighted blue) then use the quote tab. everything will look really ugly but rights itself when you add your comments

?
  • got there at last :o)
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]

Al, just make sure your BBCode button is ticked and click the quote button after the name of the poster on the post, the scroll down and add your comments - preferably after the comment

And you are definately not the first to ask!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Serious point here, does this mean you've now got this quoting larky licked DJDD???

More's the point - can I do it meself???!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody genius I am!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Bloody genius I am!

I'm a quote virgin too. Have I passed?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Bloody genius I am!

• [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]

Have I passed?

getting there!
  • getting there![/quote]

think i've got it!!! yeeeeeeees
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Bloody genius I am![/quote]

I'm a quote virgin too. Have I passed?[/quote]

its over rated if you ask me :-)
  • - can I do it meself???!!!

cafc
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]

its over rated if you ask me :-)

why when you highlight something in blue does the whole message come then?
  • [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]why when you highlight something in blue does the whole message come then?

dunno!
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]why when you highlight something in blue does the whole message come then?

dunno!

nor do i ;o)