Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We need to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport...

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
...over Lyle Taylor.

The current system of appeals is totally flawed. A club needs to set an example. Why not us?

I know we went to the High Court in London with Sankofa and Arsenal.

Even if the CAS blow us out, it sends a message to the authorities in this country to change their system.

Comments

• Forget it mate..we'll never win..we always get screwed over.

The Sankofa thing was a farce...The Arsenal player was offside before the ball was kicked and hit the bar I think and still fucking offside when he ball came to him and Sankofa brought him down.
  • No we don’t

But the arrogance of the system, as I wrote just now in the main thread, is just wholly unacceptable in this day and age. The decision may not be able to be challenged further, but we, the customers, deserve an explanation as to what they believe they have seen which warrants the upholding or reversal of a decision.

Really, what is so hard about that? And what do they fear, by refusing to do this?
  • The fact as Taylor has said himself that the FA have not provided a reason why is why it needs to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport IMO.

Its like The FA dont want to overturn 2 reds from 1 match as it makes the ref look like he doesnt know what he is doing.

But they havent or cant give a reason
  • No we don’t

But the arrogance of the system, as I wrote just now in the main thread, is just wholly unacceptable in this day and age. The decision may not be able to be challenged further, but we, the customers, deserve an explanation as to what they believe they have seen which warrants the upholding or reversal of a decision.

Really, what is so hard about that? And what do they fear, by refusing to do this?
    TRUE.

May the club or a club needs to take the autorities to court, like Bosman, to make the autorities explain their decisions. They need to say this is what we saw. We might not agree with it but they explain.

At the end of the day in any normal court in this country when a judge has to make a decision he or she explains the reasons (in a point of law) for those decisions. Why can't the football authorities?
  • Would prefer we went to the ‘anti competition law’ route to argue PL parachute payments set where they are for 4 years are wrong myself.
  • edited January 2019
    Nothing we can do. They are tossers, all of them.
  • The system is not fir for purpose, but I'd rather the club just took it on the chin and got on with it - kick up too much of a stink and we're in danger of giving the message to the rest of teh squad that we're a one man team and set them up thinking they can't with without Taylor.

We won last time he was missing, we just need to make sure we do that again.
  • We wont get it taken back so we might as well focus on how we can win the next three games without Taylor. I'm sure we can.
  • Would prefer we went to the ‘anti competition law’ route to argue PL parachute payments set where they are for 4 years are wrong myself.

Well we can assume that Fulham and Huddersfield are gone. Then it's one from five or six to take the other spot. And the Croydon lot are among them. If it is them and they don't return for well over five years, then they will be paid thousands of millions of punds for the first four years. Two years just about ok. Well we thought so whe it was us but four? WTF?
  • Sponsored links:

• The system is not fir for purpose, but I'd rather the club just took it on the chin and got on with it - kick up too much of a stink and we're in danger of giving the message to the rest of teh squad that we're a one man team and set them up thinking they can't with without Taylor.

Bow will galvanise them
  • Bowyer will probably have to tweak the way we set up slightly. We do have dangerous players.
  • I want to know who is accountable for that decision. Whoever that person is should have to explain the reasoning. It's farcical.
  • edited January 2019
    Is this even within the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport?
  • Posh are an attacking team going for promotion. I would imagine they'll be trying to take the game to us. We maybe just need to sit deeper than usually and get them on the break. Plenty of ways for us to win on Saturday, but it'll have be all guile and skill, not battering down the door, not that we do that much even with Lyle. And we'll still be a threat from set pieces.
  • Posh are an attacking team going for promotion. I would imagine they'll be trying to take the game to us. We maybe just need to sit deeper than usually and get them on the break. Plenty of ways for us to win on Saturday, but it'll have be all guile and skill, not battering down the door, not that we do that much even with Lyle. And we'll still be a threat from set pieces.

If we lose, can we take Peterborough to the Courtof Arbitration for Sport?

Bowyer will have his plan which I'm sure will be the best one. I think carrying a constant threat will be key. They will try to contain Grant and be aware of his pace so we will need somebody like Fosu who can give them different problems IMO. I wouldn't play him up front though. It might be better to give him a free role as an advanced midfielder.

Bowyer will have his plan which I'm sure will be the best one. I think carrying a constant threat will be key. They will try to contain Grant and be aware of his pace so we will need somebody like Fosu who can give them different problems IMO. I wouldn't play him up front though. It might be better to give him a free role as an advanced midfielder.
    Four *Cough* Two *Cough* Three *Cough* *Cough* *Cough Cough Cough* Ahem *Cough* *Cough* Ahem *Cough* Oh please excuse me, I appear to have something stuck in my throat. *Cough* *Cough* One *Cough*.
  • Williams could be important too
  • Sponsored links:

Four *Cough* Two *Cough* Three *Cough* *Cough* *Cough Cough Cough* Ahem *Cough* *Cough* Ahem *Cough* Oh please excuse me, I appear to have something stuck in my throat. *Cough* *Cough* One *Cough*.
    You not feeling too good Karl?

I thought he had removed the Ahem from his name.. it's Grant now.

Also you listed him twice.

Good point. This (general) issue is one that fans (across the country) should take up. But the mixed reactions on here show how far we are from such a thing happening. British deference is alive and well.

• But Taylor clearly kicked our at their keeper before all the shenanigans started.

Wrong thread ;-)
  • JFC.......and I'm not talking about Caskey, either.

Or, simply what @Off_it said.