Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sergio Ramos...

I see that both Messi and Vidal were unfortunate enough to run into this bloke’s elbow in the Real Madrid Barcelona game earlier.

They have VAR in Spain and he continues to get away with nonsense like this. At least the dirty bastard and his team lost on this occasion.

Comments

• He's a complete panto villain in terms of dirty tricks and has the most amount of sendings off in Spanish league history. When Real play Atletico and he goes up against Diego Costa it is peak dark arts with both constantly niggling then feigning injury. Sergio Ramos is not the brightest either, as shown by his constant selfie stick gurning when Real win a trophy and, most memorably, when he dropped the Copa del Rey from the top of the victory bus causing it to get run over and crushed under the bus wheels.
  • edited March 2019
    Love him or hate him, he has to go down as one of the best centre backs of all time.

The guy has played over 150 games for Spain at a time when they've dominated world football, and over 600 games for Real Madrid.

By the time he retires i'd imagine he will be pretty close to breaking (or have already broken) the appearance record for both.

Not to mention he's not far off 100 career goals, which for a defender is incredible.

His positioning is usually good and I admire his ability with heading. You might be right that he could be one of the best centre backs but its hard to judge when a lot of his defending involves nasty challenges or dirty tricks. when you are against some of the best strikers in the world you do need to have a bit of that to try and even the playing field but he does it against anyone, whoever they're playing and you know its a certain that he will do something during a game and the whole thing just comes across pathetic. 

I mean he's had a great career and won't give a shit what I or others think so what does it matter. shame that his antics over the years have caused some unfair results and the odd career changing moments for others, usually for the worse. The refs are also to blame, everyone knows what he is as they know what other players are like but they never seem to take any that into account when making a decision. which has always baffled me.
  • Nanny State or Nanny McPhee?
  • He's a cheat. Can't stand him.

I have no issue with a tough tackling full blooded defender,  in fact I think they are great, but what this prick does on a weekly basis is practically assault at times - it is the fact it seems so premeditated and deliberate that grinds my gears. He doesn't even watch the ball when he is challenging it is all about taking out the other player and for me at least, I believe there should be no place in football for that kind of behaviour.

• One of the best defenders ever
  • Ramos or Sarr? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I find him hilarious. As we don't play in La Liga or Europe I've never had cause to be enraged by his shithousery, so I generally just enjoy how angry he seems to make other fans. He knows exactly what he is as well, which I appreciate
  • I find him hilarious. As we don't play in La Liga or Europe I've never had cause to be enraged by his shithousery, so I generally just enjoy how angry he seems to make other fans. He knows exactly what he is as well, which I appreciate
    Completely agree, I find him really funny.  Suspect if I was a Barca fan I'd hate him though!
  • He is hilarious, and when combined with Pepe they were a real comedy villain double act.
  • Paul Miller was made for the battle at Stamford Bridge .
    pure filth 

that elbow by Ramos proper filth against Plzen
    pure filth 

Exactly, I've many times acknowledged that  on here. But what happened next? Within three months in the following season, Lennie kicked him out after he got sent off for gobbing an opponent. Didn't need it, did we, long term?
    pure filth 

Exactly, I've many times acknowledged that  on here. But what happened next? Within three months in the following season, Lennie kicked him out after he got sent off for gobbing an opponent. Didn't need it, did we, long term?
    Yep he’s filth but he was also the sort of nutter who was needed for the Leeds play offs the year before as well .
    no doubt he had to go when Lennie got rid of him 
    pure filth 

Yep he’s filth but he was also the sort of nutter who was needed for the Leeds play offs the year before as well .
    no doubt he had to go when Lennie got rid of him 
    Was he with us for the Leeds playoffs then? I don't recall. But we all think that the man of the hour at St Andrews was Peter Shirtliff, and I reckon he was a much better player than Miller overall.
  • Yep Miller played at St Andrews 
    Shirtliff is a Charlton footballing God but he  was no angel either 
    we’d all love a team of Sir Chris Powell’s but that’s not possible .

• Sponsored links:

• Dier sorted him out in the Spain/England game .. Like a lot of bullies, Ramos loves to dish it out but finds it difficult to take it .. https://youtu.be/H_R7OrDr21M
  • At least Ramos has never been accused of cutting anyone!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47438180 
  • Hmm. Since I'm not into the Champions League much, I hadn't been exposed to Ramos much until last season. His shithousery was enough for me to decide that he is a ****, and if that is what it takes to be a top quality centre back nowadays, then maybe it's another reason why 'elite' football just isn't for me anymore. I don't think that is what it takes btw, but first let me mention what happened when Sergio Ramos arrived on my "doorstep".

In the group stage Real had Viktoria Plzen, easily the smallest club in the group stage, from pot 4. Frankly Real should be able to field eleven reserves and see off Viktoria. But the new coach had taken over, Ramos played and in the 13th minute, this is what he did. And then later made a big public deal of apologising, as if anyone believed him. Real won 5-0. Against a team playing two 35 year olds in the back four, and grieving the loss of their star striker who'd suffered an ACL injury two weeks earlier. Are you really telling me that you need to do that sort of shit in order two in games like that?

There's a difference between being a hard man and being a dirty ****. If you were in a really tight spot, whom would you rather be standing next to, Sergio Ramos, or Jorge Costa? Jorge Costa was both a damn good player, possibly our best ever centre back, and a right hard bastard. But he never went in for the sort of shit Ramos does every week. And he still returned to lead Porto to a European trophy after we unforgiveably let him go. I'd rather be standing next to Jorge, because I have the impression that Ramos is the sort of arsehole who melts away if he thinks the odds are a bit against him.

Best defender in the world? Give me a break. Better still, somebody give him a broken nose. 

I was kinda surprised to read @JohnBoyUK buying this "need to have a dirty player" argument. Until I remembered that he was probably raised on Paul Miller and Pat van den Thug. Dirty bastards, both of them. But were they more effective than similar players who were not such thugs? The record says they were not.

I loved Jorge Costa but not sure we really "let him go" as such, from memory we only got him on loan because he had a row with the Porto coach who was then, in turn, forced out of the club by the fans, thereby allowing Costa a triumphant return when he went on to win the UEFA Cup and Champions League under a certain Jose Mourinho....
  • Dier sorted him out in the Spain/England game .. Like a lot of bullies, Ramos loves to dish it out but finds it difficult to take it .. https://youtu.be/H_R7OrDr21M
    Dier cleaned him out ! Brilliant 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    He'a dirty bastard but every single one of us would have him at centre back at our clubs.  Every team needs a dirty bastard.
    I don’t buy into this cliche either. I didn’t like it when we signed Thatcher. I didn’t like Danny’s Mills in his second term. I was fine with Curbs dumping Andy Todd. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    He'a dirty bastard but every single one of us would have him at centre back at our clubs.  Every team needs a dirty bastard.
    I don’t buy into this cliche either. I didn’t like it when we signed Thatcher. I didn’t like Danny’s Mills in his second term. I was fine with Curbs dumping Andy Todd. 
    One of my saddest memories as a Charlton fan was seeing some of our "supporters" clapping the neanderthal Thatcher off the pitch at Blackburn after he got sent-off for two shocking tackles - we were 1-0 down in a must-win game.

Incredibly selfish and unprofessional and, of course, our ten men got trolleyed 4-1 and we were all but down, the bloke was an animal.

Not sure I'd put Danny Mills in the same basket though, he was not a really dirty player as such but could obviously put himself about.
  • edited March 2019
    Thatcher was a wrongen. If you’re gonna be that much of a prick you gotta be a half decent player. Mills had a nasty streak but he was a good full back as well.
  • 25 career red cards