Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Question re Sky Sports T20 cricket coverage?

Anyone know why the two remaining Windies V England T20 games are not being covered.....very very strange?

Comments

• The series was bought with only one T20 game at the end, but 2 more were added and sky wouldnt pay any more
  • Ok....thanks mate.
  • I suspect it also has some to do with travel and transportation links. I suspect there are no direct flights between St Lucia and St Kitts which would cause logistical problems. 
  • So are they not shown on tv at all?
  • So are they not shown on tv at all?
    It would appear not!
  • Looks like Sky will show these two games now. 
  • CHG said:
    Looks like Sky will show these two games now. 
    Where are you getting this info CHG?
  • edited March 2019
    I got a text at around 5.00pm today from Sky (following an enquiry to their customer service dept), to tell me they ‘do not’ have the rights to the 2nd & 3rd T20 games.
    I am puzzled as, if you go to the programme timed slots, it doesn’t show they are showing either of the games.
    So where are you getting the idea they will be?
    ross, the link you show above doesn’t show they are, only that the fixtures are taking place.
  • I got a text at around 5.00pm today from Sky (following an enquiry to their customer service dept), to tell me they ‘do not’ have the rights to the 2nd & 3rd T20 games.
    I am puzzled as, if you go to the programme timed slots, it doesn’t show they are showing either of the games.
    So where are you getting the idea they will be?
    ross, the link you show above doesn’t show they are, only that the fixtures are taking place.

That is correct and it isn't shown on the Sky TV guide though this seems to suggest that it is being shown live:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/sport/2019-03-05/sport-2019-calendar-live-tv-coverage-bbc-sky-sports-bt-sport-eurosport-schedule-listings/
  • Sponsored links:

• It looks almost certain that England's final two games of their Caribbean tour will be broadcast on Sky, despite a dispute in the build-up to the contests.

ESPNcricinfo understands that a deal has been agreed in principle between Sky and Cricket West Indies (CWI) with an expectation it will be signed off by the board on Thursday.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26152202/sky-cwi-set-agree-broadcast-terms-final-two-t20is
  • It’s on the Sky planner now . 
  • Great news, common sense prevailed and thanks to those of you who have contributed to this thread with the updates.
  • Just looked on the Sky Sports' schedule for today and no sign of coverage....
  • edited March 2019
    Just looked on the Sky Sports' schedule for today and no sign of coverage....
    It is on Sky Sport Cricket HD (404 on Sky) starting at 7.30pm. It's also on Channel 858 in non HD. Sky Sports Main Event (401 on Sky) is showing the Norwich game.
  • Just looked on the Sky Sports' schedule for today and no sign of coverage....
    It is on Sky Sport Cricket HD (404 on Sky) starting at 7.30pm. It's also on Channel 858 in non HD. Sky Sports Main Event (401 on Sky) is showing the Norwich game.
    Correct.
  • Tonight's match is also repeated tomorrow if you cannot watch it, I imagine Sunday game will be repeated on Monday
  • ross1 said:
    Tonight's match is also repeated tomorrow if you cannot watch it, I imagine Sunday game will be repeated on Monday
    They'll be exhausted by Tuesday.
  • Thanks, guys. 

Found it now, albeit later than I'd thought.