Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Disagree with the second part of this thread title
  • in the guardian and about Millwall you say ? fuck knows how i missed it 
    Quality haha
  • Why the Guardian? that will miss 100% of their support base.
  • Well, I thought it was interesting article. Covers the horrible Millwall everyone knows, the community club that not enough do and the attempts to blame everyone else.

Nice to see Rod Liddle called our for the piece of trash he is too.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Well, I thought it was interesting article. Covers the horrible Millwall everyone knows, the community club that not enough do and the attempts to blame everyone else.

You okay, hun? Inbox me.
  • "Liddle initially claimed in the Mail on Sunday he must have been hacked, then admitted posting most of the comments, but denied being responsible for one that suggested black people were less intelligent than white people or Asians. “All of these things are twisted out of context to make me look like a cunt. I may be a cunt but I’m not a racist cunt,” he said". 

Tsk. Give a Millwall fan an education  ;)
    Don’t knock it. At least he knows he’s a c***. Most Millwall fans go their whole lives not realizing that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Nothing has changed in my lifetime and never will.
    Clubs fan base is shot through with arseholes who’s match day experience is not governed by the teams performance or result.......that’s less important than the real reason why they are there.
  • "Liddle initially claimed in the Mail on Sunday he must have been hacked, then admitted posting most of the comments, but denied being responsible for one that suggested black people were less intelligent than white people or Asians. “All of these things are twisted out of context to make me look like a cunt. I may be a cunt but I’m not a racist cunt,” he said". 

Don’t knock it. At least he knows he’s a c***. Most Millwall fans go their whole lives not realizing that. 
    Nah, he only said he _may_ be, that's just being aware of it as a possibility, not knowing that he is.
  • edited March 2019
    Clubs fan base is shot through with arseholes who’s match day experience is not governed by the teams performance or result.......that’s less important than the real reason why they are there.
    Thanks for your completely detached from reality and utterly generic point of view that's designed to serve no purpose whatsoever other than make you feel better about slapping some keys and seeing it appear on a screen.

Now to jump in the shower, grab some scran and head to the pub before going to watch a match whereby the result, according to the self professed expert of all things Millwall related and minded, won't govern my match day experience.

Dont worry, though, you might even get a like and a lol or two.
  • Nothing has changed in my lifetime and never will.
    Thanks for your completely detached from reality and utterly generic point of view that's designed to serve no purpose whatsoever other than make you feel better about slapping some keys and seeing it appear on a screen.

Now to jump in the shower, grab some scran and head to the pub before going to watch a match whereby the result, according to the self professed expert of all things Millwall related and minded, won't govern my match day experience.

If the (flat)  cap fits wear it !!
    you know your twunt per fan ratio is the worse,  that’s what he’s referring to I’m sure .
    enjoy your day (not the football bit) 
  • seth plum said:
    I don't know why Millwall fans engage in discussion about themselves or their club when they sing that they don't care.
    I think this is exactly the point the article makes with the headline:

‘No one likes us’ is a millstone for Millwall and those who do care

• edited March 2019

I didn’t say ALL Millwall fans are like that......I said it’s fan base is shot through by many who are and aren’t that much bothered by the game itself, just being there for the “Wall craic” is their main objective......and we all know what the “Wall craic” means to them.
    Dont try telling me different......I’ve seen it and been party to it countless times since the late 50’s and not just on match days.
  • @Big_Bad_World The purpose of the thread is to discuss the merits of the article. It  wasn't written by @SoundAsa£ or anyone else on here, so I would be really interested if, just for once, you'd tackle the topic head on, no deflection, no whataboutery...a challenge, I know. But joking aside, since your command of the written word is as good as anyone's on here, it would be really interesting to read a well - formed rebuttal. 

And have you read the book that the article refers to?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Vincenzo said:
    Well, I thought it was interesting article. Covers the horrible Millwall everyone knows, the community club that not enough do and the attempts to blame everyone else.

You okay, hun? Inbox me.
    Fine thanks. Let me know if you get an original thought.
  • The language in that article is disgusting. It reflects very badly as the voice of the left. 
    Ah, the great ‘leftie, limp wristed, liberal,namby pamby, Guardian reading ‘ Rod Liddle. You know what quotation marks are, don’t you?
  • edited March 2019
    Smoke themselves to death in the pisser and sniff marching powder off the cisterns?
  • aliwibble said:
    "Liddle initially claimed in the Mail on Sunday he must have been hacked, then admitted posting most of the comments, but denied being responsible for one that suggested black people were less intelligent than white people or Asians. “All of these things are twisted out of context to make me look like a cunt. I may be a cunt but I’m not a racist cunt,” he said". 

Nah, he only said he _may_ be, that's just being aware of it as a possibility, not knowing that he is.
    The construction "I may be ..., but I'm not a ..." is an admission that you are the former but a denial of being the latter.  It's the same as saying "I know I'm a ..., but I'm not a ...".
  • Liddle may well be a twat of Dutchelet proportions...
  • "No one likes us, we don't care.

But when there's trouble it's not our fault, honest. Please believe us"
  • aliwibble said:
    "Liddle initially claimed in the Mail on Sunday he must have been hacked, then admitted posting most of the comments, but denied being responsible for one that suggested black people were less intelligent than white people or Asians. “All of these things are twisted out of context to make me look like a cunt. I may be a cunt but I’m not a racist cunt,” he said". 

The construction "I may be ..., but I'm not a ..." is an admission that you are the former but a denial of being the latter.  It's the same as saying "I know I'm a ..., but I'm not a ...".
    ...I’m H, A, P, P, Y
  • Off_it said:
    "No one likes us, we don't care.

But when there's trouble it's not our fault, honest. Please believe us"
    Unless it’s said that Charlton did it ... then it’s because we were there too.