Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sevilla Striker "close"

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in Rumours
From SkySports:
Charlton look set to hold off the challenge of two Premiership rivals to secure the loan services of Sevilla striker Kepa Blanco.

The hit-man, who turns 23 on Saturday, is a product of Sevilla's impressive youth system but has grown increasingly frustrated at his lack of first-team action.

He started the campaign in superb style, bagging a hat-trick in the 4-0 victory over Levante on the opening day of the Spanish league season.

However, he has since fallen behind the likes of Fredi Kanoute, Luis Fabiano, Javier Chevanton and new signing Alexander Kerzhakov and despite notching four more goals - all in the Uefa Cup - is now ready to move on to secure regular football.

"At this time, I will be honest, something could well come of the offer we are evaluating," Blanco stated on Tuesday, and it now appears that Charlton will be the team that wins the race for his signature.

Manchester City and Everton, as well as a host of French clubs, are also reported to be vying for the powerful forward, but having settled on a move to The Premiership, The Valley seems most likely to be his destination.

Blanco will move on loan for the remainder of the season with an option to make the move permanent in the summer should both parties consent.

The Spaniard would have preferred to secure a permanent transfer immediately, but conceded that the current state of the transfer market made that almost impossible.

"My priority was not to go on loan, but it is difficult for someone to pay an important fee in these times," he added.

Addicks boss Alan Pardew is desperate to bolster his side's firepower and, having missed out on Arsenal's Anthony Stokes, clearly sees Blanco as the man to strengthen his relegation-threatened outfit.

Comments

• 2006/2007 Season Stats Competition Team Apps G YC RC

La Liga Sevilla 5(0) 3
    UEFA Cup Sevilla 3(0) 3

6 goals in 8 games.

Looks more promising that Marcus and JFH... but then again so would I
  • if only our defence could Kepa Blanco, we wouldn't be in this mess !!!!
  • 6 goals from 26 appearances last season...
  • que : Manchester City press conference this afternoon - in comes branco.
  • After Pressley and Stokes i refuse to believe any more 'Charlton are close to signing' rumours until i see him wearing a Charlton shirt on the official web site!!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]if only our defence could Kepa Blanco, we wouldn't be in this mess !!!!
    lol :-)
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TvcgyLtSMY

Looks good with hes head
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TvcgyLtSMY[/url]

Looks good with hes head[/quote]

Charlton 'Star Striker' Marcus Bent is too, according to the tabloids...

2.5 Million.

Great works Curbs...
  • Failed bid for Fagan and bid rejected for Bougherra :

FAGAN

Top-flight club failed in late bid for Craig
    Premiership club Charlton Athletic tried to hijack Craig Fagan's move to Derby County.
    The Addicks offered a fee believed to be £950,000 - £200,000 more than the Rams paid Hull City.
    Fagan had all but completed his £750,000 switch when Charlton made their move. Former Hull manager Phil Parkinson is now assistant to Alan Pardew at Charlton.
    Rams boss Billy Davies confirmed that a number of clubs had been interested in the player.
    "Not only from the Championship but also the Premiership," he said. "Craig typifies what we are trying to bring to Derby. He is a wholehearted, hard-working, hungry player.
    "He is ready for the next step up, the next challenge in his career.
    "I'm not saying he is going to walk straight into the team but he adds quality to the squad."
    There was confusion last night over the deal.
    Hull's official website still had no mention of Fagan's transfer at 7pm and the Tigers' chairman, Adam Pearson, was saying they still held the player's registration.
    Sources on Humberside said one the sticking points could possibly be over whether Fagan should be allowed to play against Hull next month.
    Derby said last night: "Craig Fagan has signed a contract with us but there are one or two minor issues to be sorted, which is typical of this type of transfer."

BOUGHERRA

Wednesday have rejected a bid worth in the region of £1.3m from Charlton Athletic for highly-rated centre-back Madjid Bougherra.

The Algerian international defender has drawn plaudits up and down the country following his impressive displays in the famous blue and white shirt and has already been linked with a move to Wigan Athletic.

And new Charlton boss Alan Pardew has already made it clear he needs to strengthen the Addicks' defence if they are to stay in the Premiership next season, with Bougherra one of a number of players reported to be on his hit-list.

Owls chief executive Kaven Walker told the official SWFC site: "We have rejected a £1.3 million offer from Charlton Athletic for Madjid Bougherra. He is not for sale."

Owls boss Brian Laws has already revealed he wants to keep his top players if Wednesday are to mount a serious promotion challenge this season - and has insisted there is no clause in Bougherra's contract allowing to leave if a bid of more than £1m is tabled.

The news will be a worry to Owls fans who are keen to hold on to the 24-year-old, with Bougherra fast becoming a crowd favourite at S6 as well as helping the Owls to within three points of the play-off spots.

Former Owls boss Paul Sturrock acted quickly to bring Bougherra to Hillsborough after impressing on a loan deal with Crewe Alexandra from French club FC Gueugnon, and the Algerian has made 27 appearances for the club, scoring two goals.
  • Good Digging Large!

Thanks for this.
  • Sponsored links:

• To quote shampoo 'oooo o we're in trouble'.
  • Just becuase the papers say it doesn't mean it is true. I've not heard either way but I never pay much attention to rumours.
  • The turth is we still havnt signed anyone yet and the biggest truth is we should of signed two central midfielders to replace Murphy and Smetin a year ago !!!
  • Murphy went at the last minute of the Window and Smertin went after it has closed.

in the summer We got Faye and Pouso. Nuff said. (although I thought Faye did well early on). Maybe ZZ and Walton will be better.

I still think that Murphy was great for 6 games in 18 months and Smertin was good as well at the beginning. BUT when Murphy didn't get his England call up and Russia didn't qualify both gave up on Charlton and were never the same players again.
  • good video of him, only problem is that we will prob sell the only player who can cross a ball!
  • do we have one ?!?!?!
  • thomas , im sure he did it a few times
  • [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TvcgyLtSMY

Looks good with hes head
    on that video i think he scored all but a couple with his head and the others off his knee
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TvcgyLtSMY

Looks good with hes head
    on that video i think he scored all but a couple with his head and the others off his knee

Off his knee, arse, thigh, bellend.... Who cares? Makes him better than MB and JFH.
  • can't b arsed write post again but bougharra wouldve great signing (c jungle book post), and fagan, my housem8 a hull city fan and was absolutely gutted he's gone, reckons they'll deff go down now without fagan