Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Championship of Snooker 2019 - Prediction contest 20th April start, entries before 10am

This was quite popular last year, although I do not want to detract from the main Snooker thread but this will be easier to get more people involved.

Rules: Pick one person from each match, each round for 1 point per correct result. Semi Finals will be worth 2 points per correct result Final will be worth 4 points per result Please post your name if interested, i will do a spreadsheet to keep track of the scores with the odd update. You can join at any time but entry will close just before the first game of each round, in the event there is an overflow and a match outstanding please state clearly who you want to pick eg.: Ronnie O'Sullivan, If Ding wins. However if Selby wins i will go for SelbyOnce all selections posted I might choose to do non-interesting facts, such as 90% people have gone for player X
Prizes: What prize? exactly just a bit of bragging rights on the forum will that do :)

What next? I will post the fixtures once announced, qualifiers finish and then please post your predictions its as simple as that.

Comments

• I would like to take part
  • I’m in 
  •  I’m in 
  • Good Start :) Pretty sure we have Paulie in it aswell (reigning champ)
  • edited April 2019

Bump

edit- Thursday 10AM first round announced

• id like to join to please thank you
  • id like to join to please thank you

Welcome aboard the crazy sir :P
  • As I know nothing about snooker whatsoever, I’d like to have a go.
  • Having just won the Johnson's Paint Trophy I am on a roll, I'm in!!
  • Sponsored links:

• As I know nothing about snooker whatsoever, I’d like to have a go.

I hope your not being framed
  • I'll give it a whirl if I'm not too late
  • All in, doesn't close until Saturday 10am first entries. Please post predictions on this thread before then, just match only no need for the full result :)
  • Just to clarify JB, are you posting a list of the fixtures like the prediction league then we select?
  • edited April 2019
    Just to clarify JB, are you posting a list of the fixtures like the prediction league then we select?

Yes and no, eg. I will post on here around when released (Thursday 10am) . But if you see the list elsewhere before I post it you can use that and just put winners/ or highlight. No preference as I input manually so whatever suits.

I will post on thread to make easy to copy/ bold selection.

• If its easier @johnnybev1987 once the draw is done and I put it on the snooker thread I can copy and paste it straight onto here
  • If its easier @johnnybev1987 once the draw is done and I put it on the snooker thread I can copy and paste it straight onto here

If its not too much trouble mate, preferably once we have the order of play so its easier to follow :) I have marked you down already and anyone else as long as you post predicitons you are in don't need to say on here but good to have a bit of interest. 11 so far..
  • Bump for interest, tomorrow from 10am this will be open until Saturday before the first match which starts at 10. 
  • I’m In if possible 
  • Sponsored links:

• Current entries: 
    Johnnybev
    Paulie
    Johnnysummer
    MrOneLung
    AddicksAddict
    Bedsaddick
    West Stand Neil
    ThaiMalaysiaA
    Eaststandmike
    Blackpool72
    Lenglover
    Ellisaddick

Although this is subject to submitting predictions, so this could increase/decrease.  
  • Having just won the Johnson's Paint Trophy I am on a roll, I'm in!!
    No one remembers who won the Johnstones Paint Trophy, @eaststandmike :smiley:
  • I'm in,please.
  • give it ago cheers.
  • In please
  • i am posting my predictions now. hope that is ok. I may not be able to get online between now and the comp starting. if wrong just take me out of the game. thanks

Mark Williams v Martin Gould
    Dave Gilbert v Joe Perry
    Barry Hawkins v Li Hang
    Kyren Wilson v Scott Donaldson
    John Higgins v Mark Davis
    Stuart Bingham v Graeme Dott
    Shaun Murphy v Luo Honghao
    Neil Robertson v Michael Georgiou
    Mark Selby v Zhao Xintong
    Luca Brecel v Gary Wilson
    Jack Lisowski v Ali Carter
    Mark Allen v Zhou Yuelong
    Judd Trump v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
    Ding Junhui v Anthony McGill
    Stephen Maguire v Tian Pengfei
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v James Cahill
  • No problem mate, if anyone posts before we have the set order from Paulie I will just put in the normal order as its on a spreadsheet easiest way
  • edited April 2019

Matches in order I will bold my selections:

Mark Williams v Martin Gould

Luca Brecel v Gary Wilson

Neil Robertson v Michael Georgiou

Ding Junhui v Anthony McGill

Stephen Maguire v Tian Pengfei

John Higgins v Mark Davis

Shaun Murphy v Luo Honghao

Mark Selby v Zhao Xintong

Ronnie O'Sullivan v James Cahill

Mark Allen v Zhou Yuelong