Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Early morning transfer rumours...

edited January 2007 in Rumours
From the BBC

Charlton want to sign Benfica midfielder Manuel Fernandes on loan following his unsuccessful spell at Portsmouth. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham are ready to splash out £2.5m to sign Charlton winger Jerome Thomas and Celtic contract rebel Shaun Maloney. (Daily Mirror)

Comments

• £1.5m for Thomas.....thank you very much
  • Striker Jermain Defoe fears Tottenham may be ready to sell him as they launch a bid for Charlton's Darren Bent. (Daily Star)

Darren Bent will be out of action with a knee injury until the end of February so he will be sold by Charlton. (Daily Express)

Ex-Ipswich forward Darren Bent will be staying after making a quicker than expected recovery from injury. (Daily Mail)

Newcastle will not renew their pursuit of Addicks forward Darren Bent. (The Times)
  • thats brilliant F-Blocker

in other words nobody knows anything
  • Exactly!
  • Journo's, how do they get away with this kind of stuff! They just make it up as they go along! scum imo
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]thats brilliant F-Blocker

in other words nobody knows anything

Yes exactly, but when we "miss out" on someone the screams of "what's going on, why can't we sign players, I blame Steve Gritt" come regardless.
  • 04 MCS goes into rehab following all night binge in Charlton (Daily Star)

04 MCS denies drinking and smoking allegations (The Independant)

04 MCS goes cold turkey for new year (Daily Express)

04 MCS has beard of the year (The Sun)

04 MCS suspect for Diana's Death (Daily Mail)
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]04 MCS goes into rehab following all night binge in Charlton (Daily Star)

04 MCS denies drinking and smoking allegations (The Independant)

04 MCS goes cold turkey for new year (Daily Express)

04 MCS has beard of the year (The Sun)

04 MCS suspect for Diana's Death (Daily Mail)

lol
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]04 MCS goes cold turkey for new year (Daily Express)

Subheading: 'Says:"The sarnies were ace, dood!" '
  • edited January 2007
    If Boa Morte is worth £5 million a considerably younger Thomas must be worth more than £1 million.

I'd sooner keep him but if we DO sell Thomas it shouldn't be for any less than £2 million in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If Boa Morte is worth £5 million a considerably younger Thomas must be worth more than £1 million.

I'd sooner keep him but if we DO sell Thomas it shouldn't be for any less than £2 million in my opinion.[/quote]

Do you think his lack of consistency (and final ball/finishing) commands a £2million fee??

He should drop the tash too IMHO....
  • i'd b happy with 1.5 mill, althou isn;t maloney goin for 500k??? which would mean 2 mill for thomas

we need a no nonse winger who can actually consistantly put a final ball in the box, we don;t need a bloody show pony we very rarely delivers, and always trys to cut inside then bottles a shot and plays it to the opposition defender, again
  • Maloney isn't a winger, mainly plays through the middle, a really quality ball player and can is brilliant from dead ball situations.
  • Don't know if anyone else has already posted this from SkySports.

Sheffield Wednesday have rejected a bid from Charlton for Madjid Bougherra.

Charlton tabled a £1.3million offer for the Algerian international earlier this week as they look to shore up their leaky defence.

Bougherra has impressed at Hillsborough this season and his performances have attracted the interest of a host of clubs.

Charlton boss Alan Pardew is keen to reshape his squad and had made Bougherra one of his top targets.

However, Wednesday are keen to keep hold of the former Crewe man and Owls chief executive Kaven Walker confirmed Charlton's offer was rebuffed.

"We have rejected a £1.3million offer from Charlton Athletic for Madjid Bougherra," Walker told the club's official website.