Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Raheem Sterling what a ............

2»

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm waiting till I read about him in the Guardian before I believe it--------could be awhile
    So unlike you to pop up on threads regarding race and make ominous comments...

Only been doing it for 15+ years

Never gets old does it
    Regarding race? Obviously I've missed something.......
    If comments about Raheem Sterling's representation in the media have you asking that question, I'd say you've missed more than something
    I can't say as I read anything about the Prem, but I just thought the story / thread was about a footballer paying for pupils from his old school to go football. 
    So, honestly, you have no awareness of the Sterling and the media issue? 
    No, I honestly don't
    Recently two stories were run on footballers buying things for family. Both played for the same club. One story was about a white player and the other a black player. One was positive and the other negative.

Yeah, now Gary has pointed it out, sorry I do remember this happening, but I still don't really understand why his race needs to be referenced when RS comes up....
  • edited April 2019
    Addickted said:
    Is he a mason?
    No he is not. The fucking headstone I paid him to make for my poor old nan was shit and when I asked him to put it right he laughed in my face while my little nippers were crying.

Never again.
  • He's world class.

His career improved when he joined man city. He has found his club. He is a man that is still hungry for more. He gives it everything and loves scoring goals.

Journos from from The Sun newspaper feels a need to zoom in on a photo that displays a tattoo of a firearm on his ankle.

Who is the loser? Who is the winner?
  • se9addick said:
    I think the bad feeling stems from him and his agent wanting silly amounts of wages when he was only about 18 years old 
    Adjusted that for you to reflect the correct balance of blame there.
    Why should anyone be “blamed” for trying to earn as much money as possible? 
    I don't believe that I did. I blame the football authorities for allowing young kids often from very modest backgrounds to be manipulated by greedy twats. 
    I assume you are referring to football agents? I’d much prefer a world where agents exist rather than going back to the 1950’s when the balance of power was squarely with the chairmen/owners of the club and players paid 2 shillings a week despite being the ones who brought in all of the revenue that was being pocketed by said chairmen/owners.
  • Dave2l said:
    He's world class.

His career improved when he joined man city. He has found his club. He is a man that is still hungry for more. He gives it everything and loves scoring goals.

Journos from from The Sun newspaper feels a need to zoom in on a photo that displays a tattoo of a firearm on his ankle.

Who is the loser? Who is the winner?
    both really, its a shit tattoo
  • Sterling has been named the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year.
  • Sterling has been named the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year.
    I think it is deserved. He is been a key figure for Man City this season.
  • him and Hawkeye are the reasons why City will win the league this year. 
  • Rothko said:
    him and Hawkeye are the reasons why City will win the league this year. 
    What have the Avengers got to do with it?
  • Rothko said:
    him and Hawkeye are the reasons why City will win the league this year. 
    What have the Avengers got to do with it?
    I was thinking more on the lines of MASH. 
  • Sponsored links:

Played almost 250 league matches over 7 season. How can he still be classed as a young player? 
  • edited April 2019
    Sterling has been named the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year.
    Played almost 250 league matches over 7 season. How can he still be classed as a young player? 
    Would rather tend to agree. The criteria is 23 at the start of the season whereas he became 24 in December. I suppose it's down to the fact that players are taking longer to establish themselves in the PL with Sterling being the exception to have played so many games early on in his career. PL Clubs want the finished article and that usually means buying a player from abroad who has that.

I would like to have seen someone like David Brooks of Bournemouth win it. Been impressed every time I've seen him and he is new to the PL at an unfashionable club. But the person who I have a feeling would have gone very close had he not been injured was Joe Gomez. He was brilliant for Liverpool through to November and looked the ideal foil to Van Dijk. He will still only be 22 next season so here's hoping.
  • Unplayable tonight, Pep, Poch and Klopp have done us a right favour improving some of our players.
  • edited September 2019
    Richard J said:
    Sat near him on a train recently. 

He patiently signed autographs and did selfies for the whole journey. 

A class act. 
    Bounce for the love for Raheem.

See the way Kosovo wouldnt even try and close him down, they have to stand off as otherwise he is straight past ya.

One of the best dribblers I have ever seen and I dont think Ive seen a trick yet. You dont need a skill to beat a defender when you are perpetual motion.

Raheem Sterling will lift the 2022 world cup and use the moment to advance human rights. The guy is special, just like Barnsey was, difference is the world is more ready to accept different shapes and sizes.