Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Definition Of a Manager

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
You have a squad of 16 players.
You have no chance of signing anyone else during the season 'cos anyone who's any good is already playing.
There is no such thing as bringing in a player on loan.
Your left back has to double up as sub keeper.
During the season at some stage you will lose 3 or 4 players at once because it is more important to them to follow their Premiership team on that particular day.
You regularly lose one or two players on the morning of the match.
You have to keep the 4 or 5 chaps who don't get a regular game happy whilst not undermining the team.
You have to attend all those boring League meetings and make sure that all of the Club's paperwork is up to date.
You have to put up with the other half giving you stick because you spend more time involved with your Club than you do with her.
And you do it for the love of the game 'cos you certainly don't get paid to do it.

God I miss those days as a Sunday League Manager.

Comments

• Options
    Are you AFKA in disguise?!
  • Options
    lol no but having played and subsequently managed the same side for 20 years (and due to a sick sense of loyalty never having missed a game in that time) I feel sure I'm just as qualified to talk about the subject.

Pards, Curbs, Dowie, Reed you don't know how lucky you are - no massive pay of for me when I "retired".

Not that I'm bitter of course.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]lol no but having played and subsequently managed the same side for 20 years (and due to a sick sense of loyalty never having missed a game in that time) I feel sure I'm just as qualified to talk about the subject.

Pards, Curbs, Dowie, Reed you don't know how lucky you are - no massive pay of for me when I "retired".

Not that I'm bitter of course.......

I agree AA.
  • Options
    As the greatest football manager once said:

Football is... she's a cruel mistress.

She's, she's more than a mistress.

She's a wife, she's a mother, she's a daughter, she's and errant child.

She can make you laugh,

She can make you cry.

She can bring tears to me eyes.

She can bring blood to me shoulders.

She can bring the kettle to the boil.

'Cause football is about nothing, unless it's about something and what it is about!"