Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Traore and Diawara off?

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in Rumours
Djimi and Souley heading south?

Probably can't reveal their sources though...

Comments

• it's in the Mail (not that I normally read the Mail you understand, just that I had some great coverage in there today for one of my clients)
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    interesting, surprised it hasnt been credited
  • just spoke to a work mate who says Andy O'brien is total shyte. not happy about swopping £3.7m of crap for £2m worth of crap. at least we'd want them to match the amount of crap. to be fair.
  • Andy O'Brien was let go by Newcastle and their defence has been shocking for ages so he can't be too good can he?
  • O'Brien hasn't impressed me previously. No better than what we've already got imo
  • Andy "The Rash" O'Brien is just the kind of player we need. Hard working, loyal and an excellent defender. He is much more of a "marking" kind of centre back than a huge physical presence, but when he was younger I have seen him have the like of Thierry Henry and Michael Owen completely in his pocket.

No-one could look good in Newcastle's defence and that experience does seem to have set his career back. But the guy is quality and would fit in perfectly at Charlton.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: StevieK[/cite]Andy "The Rash" O'Brien is just the kind of player we need. Hard working, loyal and an excellent defender. He is much more of a "marking" kind of centre back than a huge physical presence, but when he was younger I have seen him have the like of Thierry Henry and Michael Owen completely in his pocket.

No-one could look good in Newcastle's defence and that experience does seem to have set his career back. But the guy is quality and would fit in perfectly at Charlton.[/quote]

Bit like Chris Perry, then! Let's have Perry back
  • Wouldn't be surprised - 'Arry loves a deal or two!
  • Friend of mine told me on Sky Sports news last night they said that Traore is off for 1 million and Diawara swap for O'Brien till end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think it would be a bad move. Whilst i don't think O'brien is any good, it will still be good to offload Traore and i think that given some time to settle in England and learn the language Diawara could become a decent defender. Hopefully we can loan him and he can come back a better player after learning from Tony adams and Sol campbell. It's just a shame they don't want Amady Faye back!
  • Do they need a lift
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Do they need a lift

You're always driving mate , let me take them , PLEASE
  • Ok Shag,thats a deal mate!dump them off at Dover!Will split the petrol money with you!lol
  • Tell you what mate , we'll both go down there and make sure they get on the boat to Calais , then we'll have a night out in Dover
  • Yes we must make sure they get on that boat mate
  • traore has gawn.. news released today..

no more gangly 3 stone left backs.. whoop whoop...