Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forum troubles-Typing in quotation bubbles

Anyone else get the annoyance of dropping a quote into a post but only able to type within the quotation block with no way out?

Is there a solution? Is it on mobiles only? Is it just me?
Help.

Comments

• Same for me if you don't click outside the quote box properly at the start. Have to delete the lot and start again. 
  • Yep, me too.

When I try to delete, it cleared away what was written, but not the empty quote box.

I found a way round it on my laptop, by hitting the 'back' button 2 or 3 times in quick succession which cleared the box to start the post again.

Sort it out, Curbs.

• After pressing 'Quote' once the box appears I click somewhere outside it on the screen. I then get a 'normal' display
  • Anyone else get the annoyance of dropping a quote into a post but only able to type within the quotation block with no way out?

Is there a solution? Is it on mobiles only? Is it just me?
    Help.
    No, not a problem for me

• Yeah. Same. And no quote function in the politics forum.
  • Chunes said:
    Yeah. Same. And no quote function in the politics forum.
    i think they just assumed nobody would want to quote half of the bollox in there
  • Same here....using an Apple ipad.
  • For awareness, our host and platform provider rolled out a new release a couple of months ago and we've had a number of issues with it. @Lookout managed to sort the important ones at the time, but we appreciate there is still a number of things that simply don't work like they did before.

We apologise for the inconvenience and assure you that we too are impacted when using the forum like you.

We simply can't now, but hopefully we'll get some time over the summer to try and address some of the o/s issues.