Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Journey to the Final

With Addicks fans scattered far and wide across the globe, should the mighty Reds make it to the big dance at Wembley on the 26th May, who will be flying in for the game and from where? Roll call:

Comments

• I'll go first.....SidewaysInOz - Perth, WA
  • I will be doing a very long journey

New Cross to Wembley
  • Drive from Strood to Charlton; watch the outcome of Friday

THEN I'll make plans for Sunday week
  • We’re only half way there ffs! 
  • Already have my flight booked from Dubai to London on the friday morning.

Please note, this is not me being over confident, more just planning ahead. Missus works for Emirates so can cancel the flight without having to pay for it.
  • brother already has flight booked from Nantes for him and his two boys whilst friends have flight booked from Paphos.
  • Hope is flight hasn't been arranged by a football agent?
  • iaitch said:
    Hope is flight hasn't been arranged by a football agent?
    OUCH!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019

threads like this are why I worry.....all getting a bit ahead of ourselves I think.

let's wait until 10pm Friday night for these.

If it all goes horribly wrong on Friday, at least we now have a scapegoat in @SidewaysInOz to burn at the stake!
  • threads like this are why I worry.....all getting a bit ahead of ourselves I think.

If it all goes horribly wrong on Friday, at least we now have a scapegoat in @SidewaysInOz to burn at the stake!
    It's a long way to go, though, to burn him at the stake. Can't we find someone nearer to home?
  • threads like this are why I worry.....all getting a bit ahead of ourselves I think.

It's a long way to go, though, to burn him at the stake. Can't we find someone nearer to home?
    If he's coming over we can have a welcome committee waiting for him at the Airport

Only so many flights coming in from Perth surely?

Am sure Heathrow staff wont mind a few people camping out if we take it in shifts to wait
  • Please sink this thread!
    Will you take the new direct Quantas flight from Perth?
  • As said bit early to take anything for granted but understandably people  look to plan in advance especially when flights/prices involved.
    My cousin and her partner have already said they will fly over from NY should we get to the final.

I've heard there is a certain chap in Belgium who would fit the bill nicely!
  • Benidorm, load of us out for a week. We fly home Sunday morning. We should have 2 hours to get from Gatwick to Wembley, at least 3 of us will coming. 
  • Sponsored links:

• When will the open top bus parade be? 

I’m sure their was a fella following the bus who brought his ferret along.
  • On a stag in Barcelona Fri to Sun evening. Been monitoring an earlier flight home for a while now. Will press the button if Friday goes well.
  • We’re only half way there ffs! 
    We're not even half way there. It's not over until the last ball is kicked. At the moment we just happen to be a goal ahead, which is good, but one lapse of concentration and that counts for nothing. 
  • I'll be taking the Midnight Express down Desolation Row to Heartbreak Hotel...

Indeed.....I did say "should the mighty Reds make it to the big dance at Wembley on the 26th May" as I was interested on who was planning to make the trip should we get the result we need. Advanced planning is needed for those of us overseas.
    Makes sense if I'm only coming over for a 5 days. 17 hours direct the way to go I think if I can get the cash together.
    Pedantry correction :smile:
  • Mrs Grumpy thought I was bonkers to  look a cheap flight home in May for a Wembley final when we were just holding out in 6th at the time.

Now looking less bonkers.