Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronaldo "Whistle"

I could hear the whistle on the replays - but on sky their saying you can't hear anything.

Cross comes over and you hear a horn, then straight after the horn is the whistle sound, Ronaldo then hand balls it and Howard Webb blows for hand ball.

Could anyone else hear it or do I need to visit the doctors tomorrow and get my ears tested?

Comments

• if you can get an appointment.go ;-)
  • it rained in Qatar on Friday
  • It never rains in southern california
  • it certainly did
  • Not that I'm bothered but it looked harsh. What did he have to gain by hand-balling in the opponents box? He could just have easily headed it.
  • Whistle or not it was a yellow card and rightly was sent off. Not harsh at all for me.
  • karma as far as I'm concerned , the amount of cheating he's done over the years

I was more interested in how the Chelsea defender did three bookable offences and only got one yellow or John Terry goes in two footed and only gets booked
  • It may have seemed harsh, but definately the right decision. Can you imagine the reaction if he hadn't been booked, people would rightly be complaining one rule for Man U and one rule for everyone else.
  • Harsh but fair even though I did hear the whistle on the replay.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Harsh but fair even though I did hear the whistle on the replay.

Glad I wasn't the only one then - was starting to get worried!
  • Sponsored links:

• heard it!
  • Yes I heard it and very unlucky but still think the ref made the right decision.
  • He puts his hands up to stop the ball smacking his face. If you watch it back you'll see he's jumped too early.
  • don't matter what the cheating git heard , he handballed it and off he goes .........just cos its manure its a problem
    and that jock chewing asshole defending him this morning makes me puk ,
    on this basis any defender would be able to jump up and handball it , and say they heard a whistle or was scared it was gonna smack him in the face , where would we be then ? .....third from bottom of the championship most probably
  • [cite]Posted By: Delux099[/cite]He puts his hands up to stop the ball smacking his face. If you watch it back you'll see he's jumped too early.
    That's exactly what I thought.

Why didn't Giggs shoot when Hart was running back to his goal? We all know he has a good aim from the half way line!
  • Handball is handball, a bookable offence, he was stupid to do it, and even more stupid to think he could get away with it
  • Why didnt Di Canio get booked that time he caught the ball in the box?
  • The actual law states that the handball is deliberate and the culprit has to be seeking to gain an advantage from it. So although he is a cheating turd what advantage was he seeking and what did he gain?

Webb should have ticked him off, but i fear he is falling into the trap a lot of these officials do of needing to make the headlines and be in the spot light
  • If it was going to smack him in the face he could have headered it - he obviously thought he heard a whistle but he should have just headered it and then let the ref decide either way.

It was a daft thing to do and Webb had no choice.
  • I thought he was saying he was eating a biscuit
  • Sponsored links:

• I totally disgaree cfgs. The only thing Howard Webb was concerned with was the offence itself. I very very much doubt he was thinking he would make the sports column inches because of a second yellow card. He would have got slaughtered by the media and much more importantly his assessor. Excuses (and pathetically weak ones at that) aside it was a clear handball and it was a stonewall yellow card. It sets a dangerous president to allow something like that to go unpunished just because it's the best player in the world. Harsh or not Webb followed the letter of the law and if the Premier League officials don't follow the letter of the law then who will?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Why didnt Di Canio get booked that time he caught the ball in the box?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Why didnt Di Canio get booked that time he caught the ball in the box?
    He pointed to the injured goalie as soon as he caught it, there would of been outrage from both sets of fans if he got booked for it.
  • He gained no advantage by catching the ball in order to allow the opposition goalkeeper treatment. If he was cautioned it would be for unsporting behaviour which would be harsh to the point of lunacy as it was the most sporting gesture most people have ever seen....
  • Heard it,but ref had no choice but to show a second yellow.Buggerd up me dream team this week.
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]
    it was the most sporting gesture most people have ever seen....

Call me an old cynic but i never bought that. The ball was out of his reach so he grabbed it with his hand, then pointed to the keeper. Had that ball fallen right by his right peg, i doubt he would have been so generous.

But we'll never know now. Did wonders for Di Canio's rep in the game though.
  • Spot on mate, couldn't agree more. I was in the car coming back from our game in Leicester with Swerve that day, and all these West Ham fans were ringing up 5 live saying "He could have just put it in the net, he had an open goal, but he did the sporting thing....". What rubbish.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]
    it was the most sporting gesture most people have ever seen....

Call me an old cynic but i never bought that. The ball was out of his reach so he grabbed it with his hand, then pointed to the keeper. Had that ball fallen right by his right peg, i doubt he would have been so generous.

But we'll never know now. Did wonders for Di Canio's rep in the game though.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Why didnt Di Canio get booked that time he caught the ball in the box?

Exactly

and Ronaldo immediately looked at the ref and showed a whistle blowing motion why else would he put it in a position that was of no advantage?

Unfair to be a 2nd Yellow.
  • No sympathy for the bloke, just as he has no sympathy for opposition fans and players that he cheats against.