Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

edited July 2021 in General Charlton
Are we with Hummel again next season?
And is Betdaq still the sponsor?

Comments

• Yes and no.
  • Talal said:
    No sponsor would be great. Forest's new one by Macron is really smart...
    Agree that from an aesthetic perspective no sponsor would be great, but commercially the revenue from a shirt sponsor would help towards bringing players in.
  • Talal said:
    Agree that from an aesthetic perspective no sponsor would be great, but commercially the revenue from a shirt sponsor would help towards bringing players in.
    Would it? Doesn't Bowyer have a set budget? 
  • Ross said:
    West Ham are offering their new shirts with and without sponsors. Brilliant move.
    their sponsors will be happy with the TV and media exposure they get from sponsoring a PL team, me and you will probably be paying for all the advertising that goes up in the ground.

sponsoring someone like Charlton you will want as much exposure as possible. 
  • This year's kit wasn't announced until mid July, so we could be over a month away!
  • edited June 2019
    Usually sponsorship deals run like footballer contracts, until 30th June so I wouldn't expect much announcement on that front til July. I'd expect much the same for the shirt as we always seem to launch them at the start of preseason, unlike some teams (Chelsea etc.) That launch them in May and end up wearing it in the final game of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Doubtful. We could get a sponsor paying us 5m a season and Bowyer wouldn't see a penny of it. 

For as long as RD is in charge it's clear that we will only be signing loans and freebies.
  • Ross said:
    West Ham are offering their new shirts with and without sponsors. Brilliant move.

They can afford to.
  • Talal said:
    Doubtful. We could get a sponsor paying us 5m a season and Bowyer wouldn't see a penny of it. 

For as long as RD is in charge it's clear that we will only be signing loans and freebies.
    Free transfers still have signing on fees and wages, indeed often free signings will command higher wages - Ramsey wouldn't be getting the wages he is getting if Juventus had to pay Arsenal £30m
  • Chizz said:
    The sponsorship deal will only go ahead once the CEO has signed it off. 
    Chizz said:
    The sponsorship deal will only go ahead once the CEO has signed it off. 
    Very amusing. If only we had one!

• Talal said:

Free transfers still have signing on fees and wages, indeed often free signings will command higher wages - Ramsey wouldn't be getting the wages he is getting if Juventus had to pay Arsenal £30m
    With the greatest respect, I dont think our free signings will be on 4x there wage because they walked. Itl be more a case of  not being offered a contract.... than running theres down to come and play for the favourites to be relegated. 
  • se9addick said:
    Hummel have been great so far, looking forward to seeing what they come up with for next season. 
    Best business the morons done.
  • shine166 said:
    Talal said:

With the greatest respect, I dont think our free signings will be on 4x there wage because they walked. Itl be more a case of  not being offered a contract.... than running theres down to come and play for the favourites to be relegated. 
    ALL the free transfers we've been linked with are players who've run their contract down. The likes of Eaves and Lameiras weren't released by their clubs, similarly AFC would have loved to have kept Lyle Taylor last summer
  • Can I just say, i don't like the new kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully not a betting firm this time. If your sponsor is sufficiently dodgy that you can't sell kits to children with their company's name on it's not a great sign
    I remember when we had an unwritten policy as a family club not to be sponsored by gambling or booze companies. Would be great to go back to that ethos.
    Betdaq are not "dodgy" you're just not allowed to sell shirts with betting company logos to under 18s.

In an ideal world every football club would be sponsored by wholesome family companies.
    Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world and so we and almost every other football club in the world will take the best sponsorship offer the club is able to get.

Money talks and bullshit walks.
  • As far as betting companies go Betdaq actually seem about as decent as you can get. Don't think many would allow a club to use their chosen charity as a shirt sponsor in the final year of a contract, like they have with Sunderland. 
  • One of our new opponents next year, Birmingham City have gone a little over the top with the introduction of their new it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxF60NkY7yI

• One of our new opponents next year, Birmingham City have gone a little over the top with the introduction of their new it.

I rate that video, very smart kit too!

Was expecting one of the Peaky Blinders to slash Jack Grealish!

Like the kit
  • Kits very nice. Unfussy and wholly recognisably Birmingham City. 
  • Decent bit of promo by the club that, fair play. 
  • edited June 2019
    Valley11 said:
    Decent bit of promo by the club that, fair play. 
    Agreed. I always think it’s good when clubs do something a bit different.

We will probably do the usual drama and reveal tiny images of various parts of the shirt over a period of 5 days.