Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greg Halford - Colchester

edited January 2007 in Rumours
Mate at work reckons we are in talks with hes representatives over a £1.2 million deal for him. Can play center back or midfield even striker!! VERSATILE, must be an old curbs target!

Not sure if we need a young defensive mid player as we have walton already.

Comments

• Didn't Sheff Utd have a bid of around 2.5-3m turned down?
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite] must be an old curbs target!

More likely a new Phil Parkinson target, if true, as he was his manager at Col Utd.

I blame Mills!!
  • Not sure only passing on what he reckons he knows. He said the fee is incredibly low aswell. Maybe it is 1.2 with appearances etc.
  • Henry, i think you should get yourself sorted on the "how to quote" thread
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Henry, i think you should get yourself sorted on the "how to quote" thread

Yah boo sucks to you WSS : - )
  • isn't he out of contract in the summer ?
  • Can be the first to say re: halford
    1. Another we've missed out on - What is Mills doing
    2. Waste of money - what is Mills doing
    3. No better than we've got - what is Mills doing
    4. Terrible player - What was Mills doing
    5. paid over the odds for him - What was Mills doing
    6. Fantastic player. his goals and defensive quality kept us up this year - Great signing Pardew
  • Henry, you and Mills is like Len and Kish ;-)
  • superb up and comin defender, been 'bloody marvelous' for colchester, heard it was closer to 500k + add ons, blades bid was in summer when they thought he'd sign an extension to his deal which he hasn't. Nice to c we're atleast tryin to buy genuine class from the lower leagues, with a bid for him and bourgharra

reckon he'll prob sign owes it to big phill after him givin him he's first chance at colchester
  • No I am with Henry on this one, the stick Andrew Mills gets is quite frankly laughable.

He does not pick the players/targets the manager does, he just negoatiates with the agents. The Cost is not down to him that is the Chairman. He is effectively a Liason officer between CAFC & Selling clubs Agent Chairman. I would imagine he had a feel for what a player is worth & tells our manager chairman that but at the end of the day HE is not personally the person who picks what players we sign, why everyone seems to think he is secretly running the show is quite funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't. Everyone knows it's Henry running the show.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I don't. Everyone knows it's Henry running the show.

Large, Itold you that in confidence and it's only since 1st January.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I don't. Everyone knows it's Henry running the show.

Large, Itold you that in confidence and it's only since 1st January.

oi henry, in that case, cancel the fat lady...she aint needed...
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I don't. Everyone knows it's Henry running the show.

In that case we're doomed. Hes all fart and no poo!

Claimed to be a well connected agent that could get me loads of work in the media.

Henryius Irvingius his name was. Mmm. Promised me the known world he did. I was to be taken to Rome, housed by the forum. Slaves, asses milk, as much gold as I could eat. Then he, having his way with me, and VOOM. Like a rat out of an aqueduct.
  • Ungrateful sod! Worse than AFKA, practically invented Charlton Life and I get no thanks whatsoever.

Got you loads of media work, Daniel my boy, but you got too big for your boots. Radio Merseyside was too small for you. Celebrity big brother - didn't want to be seen with Jermaine Jackson.

Ever seen Broadway Danny Rose - that was me and Charlton Dan
  • 'Ever seen Broadway Danny Rose - that was me and Charlton Dan'

'The Crying Game' morelike...
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    'The Crying Game' morelike...

I'm not sure what you are implying sir but I don't like it whatever it is.
  • It's all Andrew Mills fault ain't it?
  • edited January 2007
    I think the club should get him to do the Valley Gold half time draw don't you?
  • Who CharltonDan? We'll think we've signed Aidy Boothroyd
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought that read 'Aidsy' Boothroyd.

Bit harsh.