Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackburn away 3/8/19 advanced purchase train tickets

This one is going to be expensive.

At present you can travel from Euston for £53 return, but there are very few trains/tickets available at this price.  Prices then shoot up to around £75 return.  Both fares are before any railcard discounts.

The trains change at Preston, the travelling time is not too bad averaging at 3 1/2 hours.

Comments

• Aside from what I have posted above, there is a bit of faffing around but you can get tickets a lot cheaper by splitting your ticket.

I'll give an example:-

London to Wolverhampton return.  Then Wolverhampton to Blackburn return.  You can buy separate tickets for these journeys(obviously making sure you are booking for the same train you are 'joining' at Wolverhampton that has just arrived there).  Hopefully that makes sense.
  • That's half a cheap season ticket time you add your match ticket.

Joking of course. 

• Aside from what I have posted above, there is a bit of faffing around but you can get tickets a lot cheaper by splitting your ticket.

London to Wolverhampton return.  Then Wolverhampton to Blackburn return.  You can buy separate tickets for these journeys(obviously making sure you are booking for the same train you are 'joining' at Wolverhampton that has just arrived there).  Hopefully that makes sense.
    Hows this cheaper.
    Wheres clive to do it properly 
  • clb74 said:
    Aside from what I have posted above, there is a bit of faffing around but you can get tickets a lot cheaper by splitting your ticket.

Hows this cheaper.
    @roseandcrown will vouch for this method, we did this for Rochdale away last season.  Well, he went to Rochdale.
  • clb74 said:
    Aside from what I have posted above, there is a bit of faffing around but you can get tickets a lot cheaper by splitting your ticket.

Hows this cheaper.
    @roseandcrown will vouch for this method, we did this for Rochdale away last season.  Well, he went to Rochdale.
    Yeah was ok going not sure about coming back 
  • Alternative route via Manchester Piccadilly & Bolton £26 [£17.15] each direction journey time 3hrs 30mins approx.
    Railcard fare in brackets.
  • This one is going to be expensive.

At present you can travel from Euston for £53 return, but there are very few trains/tickets available at this price.  Prices then shoot up to around £75 return.  Both fares are before any railcard discounts.

The trains change at Preston, the travelling time is not too bad averaging at 3 1/2 hours.
    There seems to be a train at 9.30 that gets to Preston about 7 minutes before a train to Blackburn with a total journey time including the 7 minute wait of around two and a half hours so in the pub at 12ish which if true seems a reasonable journey time. 

Quicker than flying from Gatwick to John Lennon airport, waiting half an hour for somebody to find some steps and getting a coach from there...
  • clive said:
    Alternative route via Manchester Piccadilly & Bolton £26 [£17.15] each direction journey time 3hrs 30mins approx.
    Cheers clive just booked this up 

9am out 

18.18 back 

take it our friends at northern are not going to be playing strike 
  • There so excited we're their first game....not.
    And they've already penciled in the 3 points, mystified how BFG could go to Nob End rather than themselves. 
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Alternative route via Manchester Piccadilly & Bolton £26 [£17.15] each direction journey time 3hrs 30mins approx.

9am out 

18.18 back 

The Northern Rail dispute was settled a couple of months ago,so hopefully there shouldn't be any problems.
  • @clive when roughly should cheap tickets for Wigan go on sale cheers ph
  • @clive when roughly should cheap tickets for Wigan go on sale cheers ph
    I would guess in a week or two.
  • clb74 said:

Hows this cheaper.
    Yeah was ok going not sure about coming back 
    congratulations @roseandcrown the season has not started and I think you win the 'Low blow of the season' prize.
  • The Ewood Club is opposite the main entrance, they allow away fans in, generally as long as you do not wear colours.
  • £33 return with rail card, staying over on the Saturday night in Manchester to celebrate the first match of the season!  
  • se9addick said:
    £33 return with rail card, staying over on the Saturday night in Manchester to celebrate the first match of the season!  
    The WashHouse in Manchester is different.
  • edited June 2019
    clive said:
    @clive how are you booking this? Can't seem to get it to work
  • se9addick said:
    £33 return with rail card, staying over on the Saturday night in Manchester to celebrate the first match of the season!  
    Just googled it, looks mad! 
  • Croydon said:
    clive said:
    @clive how are you booking this? Can't seem to get it to work
    Ignore that, found it!
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Just googled it, looks mad! 
    If you do go, pm me some pics please.

I'm looking to do Altrincham sometime in the season and looking to tick this boozer off.  As you say, it does look mad.
  • clive said:
    clive said:

9am out 

18.18 back 

The Northern Rail dispute was settled a couple of months ago,so hopefully there shouldn't be any problems.
    Touch Wood!
  • Just got mine. I’m forever baffled by how expensive train travel is in this country, especially to travel to such unappealing places.
  • Croydon said:
    Just got mine. I’m forever baffled by how expensive train travel is in this country, especially to travel to such unappealing places.
    £34  with a railcard
    Barnsley  £24 with railcard 
    Not too bad
  • The cheapest advance tickets now remaining are £33.00 [£21.80] on the 08.00 from Euston arriving Blackburn 11.32 via Manchester Piccadilly & Bolton.
    For the return journey £37.00 [£24.40] on 18.18 from Blackburn arriving Euston 22.01via Bolton & Manchester Piccadilly or £33.00 [£21.80] on the 18.21 from Blackburn arriving Euston 22.44 via Preston.
    Railcard fares in brackets.