Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley away 17/8/19 advanced purchase train tickets

This one is a big problem due to bus services in and out of Barnsley.  The normal routes via Doncaster and Sheffield are affected with this.

Kings Cross to Doncaster, then Doncaster to Barnsley via Meadowhall seems to be the better option, particularly if you want to avoid buses for rail replacement services.

There are lots of trains in and out of Doncaster at £14.50 singles, then a £6.60 return Doncaster to Barnsley...............changing at Meadowhall.

All prices shown are before railcard discounts.  @clb74 may be able to confirm groups of 3 or more can get a 33% discount also.

Comments

• Booked this morning, £23 with a railcard. Having to get a bus from Wakefield but should be enough of us to get a cab. 
  • Where’s Clive to do this properly?
    That's gratitude for you.
    Dont upset him ffs
  • This one is a big problem due to bus services in and out of Barnsley.  The normal routes via Doncaster and Sheffield are affected with this.

Kings Cross to Doncaster, then Doncaster to Barnsley via Meadowhall seems to be the better option, particularly if you want to avoid buses for rail replacement services.

There are lots of trains in and out of Doncaster at £14.50 singles, then a £6.60 return Doncaster to Barnsley...............changing at Meadowhall.

All prices shown are before railcard discounts.  @clb74 may be able to confirm groups of 3 or more can get a 33% discount also.
    East coast 25%
    I'm here,for those who don't mind using a rail replacement bus service.
    Kings Cross to Barnsley via Wakefield Westgate advance singles£18 each direction [£11.90]
    Bus scheduled to take 25 minutes between Wakefield & Barnsley.
    Railcard fare in brackets.
  • clive said:
    Where’s Clive to do this properly?
    I'm here,for those who don't mind using a rail replacement bus service.
    Kings Cross to Barnsley via Wakefield Westgate advance singles£18 each direction [£11.90]
    Bus scheduled to take 25 minutes between Wakefield & Barnsley.
    Railcard fare in brackets.
    Thanks for doing it properly mate.

This is why you are the Head Rail Travel Co-Ordinator, and I am NOT.
  • Good work chaps .

What type of railcards are being referred to here please? (Last time I checked the only one I qualified for was a south east region network card)
  • Good work chaps .

What type of railcards are being referred to here please? (Last time I checked the only one I qualified for was a south east region network card)
    Without railcard 3 adults travelling together can get 25% off.
    Now some might not agree but if you travel with a mate get a two tigether card gets you 33% off 
  • Good work chaps .

• Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Good work chaps .

For those that don’t know, if buying a railcard use Tesco vouchers if you have them as it effectively makes the card half price.

and if anybody knows an even better way of getting a railcard could they post it on this thread 
  • If youve got an annual gold card for trains you can also get one of them railcards for £10
  • edited August 2019
    For those people now considering train travel to Barnsley the cheapest route appears to be depart Kings Cross 10.48 arrive Doncaster 12.18 advance single £25.50[£16.85] & then travel on x19 bus from Doncaster Interchange bus station to Barnsley Interchange fare £6.00 return with a South Yorkshire Dayrider ticket,buses depart 15/45 mins past the hour journey time 45mins approx.
    Return journey buses depart 15mins past the hour.
    dep Doncaster 19.28 arrive Kings Cross 21.14 advance single£19.50 [£12.85]
    Railcard fares in brackets.
  • Train to Sheffield then train to Doncaster for us
  • J BLOCK said:
    Train to Sheffield then train to Doncaster for us
    But we're playing Barnsley.
  • J BLOCK said:
    But we're playing Barnsley.
    he's going the scenic route
  • J BLOCK said: