Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Solly's Addicks eleven

Ahead of his testimonai game against Aston Villa on Saturday, July 27th at The Valley, he picked his best lineup based on the players he has played alongside over his last decade as a Charlton player.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d12348fadb26/chris-sollys-addicks-xi

Interesting selection,does anybody agree with him?

Comments

• I would take that starting 11 for next season.
  • Would love that team this season 
  • Richardson, Jackson and Taylor knocking on a bit... Otherwise yep, could sign up all of those and tear the Championship up slowly.
  • I would take out Jacko for Lookman on the wing and I would find it hard to not include Lyle, I know it's only one season but I think he would be unreal with Yann up top. Other than that spot on probably, a midfield of Jonjo and Stephens would walk this league, I wonder how many years we are away from midfielders like that again 
  • Hamer
    Dijksteel Gomez Pearce Wiggins
    Gudmundsson Coquelin Shelvey Lookman
    Taylor Kermorgant

Now that'd be impressive
  • Good team, personally, would not sure about the inclusion of Elliot and would certainly have Morrison in front of Taylor. 
  • Interesting what he says about Darren Ambrose
  • He chose that team two years ago wasn’t it for valley pass, I’m sure it would be different if he done it again.
  • Interesting selections there. Felt sure he would pick Morrison, but I guess Taylor played on his side so he played more directly with Solly. The Darren Ambrose mention is really interesting too. It's so often understated how much impact any first team player can have on the academy boys regardless of their ability. Ambrose probably isn't in anyone's top 50, but he obviously helped give Solly the confidence to become a lot of people's most beloved Charlton players of the last ten years, so we can be thankful to him for that
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hamer
    Taylor Kermorgant

Now that'd be impressive

Decent team but have to have Solly in his own team, also Pearce you could replace too with Morrison imo
  • Sponsored links:

• What no semedo
  •  said:
    What no semedo
    What, no Thomas/Roland players?
  • Ferryman said:
     said:
    What no semedo
    What, no Thomas/Roland players?
    Gudmundsson and Coquelin?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hamer
    Taylor Kermorgant

Now that'd be impressive

Decent team but have to have Solly in his own team, also Pearce you could replace too with Morrison imo
    Nah I was thinking for this season.
  • Matt Taylor was our third best CB when we had him wasn't he?
    First choice alongside Morrison for most of the season.
    Leon Cort spent most of the season as 3rd choice CB ...... but was a fixture at CB for the final run of fixtures.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Hamer
    Taylor Kermorgant

Now that'd be impressive
    Solly at his peak was probably the best defensive right-back we’ve had since Humphrey. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Hamer
    Taylor Kermorgant

Now that'd be impressive
    Solly at his peak was probably the best defensive right-back we’ve had since Humphrey. 
    Disagree. I think Richardson was comfortably better.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hamer
    Taylor Kermorgant

Now that'd be impressive
    Disagree. I think Richardson was comfortably better.
    Solly was excellent in 11/12 and 12/13, the two seasons he won POTY. Richardson was good but I don't remember him being as consistent as Solly in every game. It was obvious Solly would do well in the Championship after the League 1 title season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I mean Richardson did make PFA Team of the year in his only year with us.

(Nicky Bailey also got in the team that year)